Breast revision or not

i have had a mastectomy followed by immediate reconstruction. The boobs are not even and I am thinking about breast revision to the reconstruction boob.  To every one it looks fine but to me they are uneven. Am I going to put myself through unnecessary surgery through vanity or do you think this is what anyone would want? 

I opted not to have reconstruction but if I had done and was not satisfied with the result I would want a revision. I don’t think it is vanity it is perfectly reasonable.

It’s not vain at all to feel you want to have more surgery,  BC takes enough and you do whatever makes you happy I say xx Jo 

Hi may I ask how long ago surgery was? I had WLE and double reduction 7 weeks ago. One breast is larger than the other not sure if I’ll have a tweak or leave it be. Hard call as still very tender and shoulder problems so not sure if I could face more surgery. BUT ask me 12 months down the line and I may think differently. If it bothers you a lot then you should definitely explore your options. Ironically for me, I had uneven boobs before but now it’s the other one which is larger! Let us know how you get on xx

Hi I think if 10 months later you are not happy then you should definitely have revision surgery. Try and make an apt sooner rather than later xx

Are you waiting to have chemo and/or radiotherapy? If so, i was told this could alter the size and shape of the breast. It may be best to wait for a second surgery until after the rest is done.
I have had a lumpectomy which needed to be operated on a second time as they didn’t get a clear margin. I now have one breast half the size of the other. It is quite noticeable but figured if I wear concealing clothes like ponchos I can get away with it until my other treatment is over then have a reconstuction done to the other side.
I guess it depends on how self conscious it makes you feel but personally I would fight the fight first then fix it after. Good luck xxx

I finished chemo in April, had an expander implant inserted in may followed by rads in July. My foob is higher and former than the natural floppy one! My surgeon suggested to wait 6 months for everything to settle down before surgery.

I need to decide whether to have the expander replaced with teardrop silicon one and have the option of an uplift on the natural side for symmetry.

My thoughts have been backwards and forwards, leave it be no point in putting my self through more surgery, possibility of complications, scarring etc but also Im only 48, do a lot of sport and want to look good for my personal confidence.

The decision continues!!!

Sj19 do you think you might have a little uplift on the native one? I’m moving that way myself although still weighing up the risk of “unnecessary” ops.