Breast swelling/lymph

Hello All,
I am new here today. Ive had 12 months of treatment foe breast cancer, and in June 2011 had axillary clearance.
There were no problems until suddenly, 3 weeks ago, Ive developed tenderness all round the breast, and its noticeably swollen. Ive had a scan and mammo last week, the findings suggest lymphoedema, but i was wondering if any of you have had similar problems and what has caused it so suddenly?
My arm is ok,

Hi Truddles and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support your fellow users will be along with soon please do feel free to call our helpliners, here you can discuss your concerns one to one with one of our team, the lines are open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 9-2 on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy

If you have had rads the side effects can develop at any time up ti 18 months after. Lymphoedema can also develop in the breast at any time. Lack of periods can also cause breast pain and swelling, especially if they are trying to kick start. All of these are guesses as I don’t know your age or what treatment you had. If you check out the lympho or rads threads you might find similar experiences. The good news is that your tests were clear,but if you are still unhappy talk to your team again.

Dx

Thanks Midge,

My age is 39, ive had WLE, axillary clearance, FEC/T chemo and RADS and im on herceptin and tamoxifen.

Yes, you’re right, its good news that my tests seem clear (official results next tuesday) , its just a shock when these things flare up 5 months after surgery and just as im about to return to work, I was just wondering if anything could have triggered it, i’ll keep reading the other threads.