Breast uplift/Reduction

Hi Everyone,
I had mastectomy op in 2009,reconstruction with LB Becker Lap in 2011 and the silicon was infected so it was removed in 2012. I want advice or anyone that has gone through breast uplift/reduction because l want to discussion about my RB reduction and uplift because is droopy and bigger than my Left breast. I still have a little bit of breast on my left but is small. I got Hosiptal appointment with my surgeon to discuss about the uplift/reduction of my RB,and to find out if is possible to put the implant back on my LB. My appointment date is April 22nd can anyone help please.
Theboyz5

Hi Theboyz5

Whilst you await replies from your fellow users our helpliners are on hand with support and would be happy to talk your queires over, they may be able to put you in touch with someone who has had similar experiences via our ‘One to one support’ service whereby you can talk to someone via telephone or email, you can read more here:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/one-one-support

Helpline 0808 800 6000 weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care

Lucy

Hi theboyz5 my circumstances are a little different but I had a uplift and reduction to one side and an uplift and reshaping of the other side 4 weeks ago today.
I had what my BS called an extremely generous WLE ( quadranectomy) in May 2010 then another WLE to achieve better margins in the June. My Rt breast was left much smaller and quite mishapen. Eventually early last year I thought I would investigate if anything could be done to reduce my ‘good’ side to achieve some symmetry.
I saw a PS in June and he wanted to operate on both sides not just the ‘good’ side. Naively I really hadn’t expected that a lot could be done to Rt side.
How wrong I was I am amazed at how great a shape he has achieved.I didn’t have any implants etc. My PS was very clear that having rads to the Rt side could potentially mean delayed healing and that there was the potential for infection too.
There is still a very little swelling and I am on antibiotics. I shall be seeing my PS on Friday.I am so pleased with the brilliant result.
Not sure if this helps? Do ask if there are any question As Lucy says do give the help line a ring too.
Take care J

Hi Libby 2010,
Thank you very much l can now go on with the Rt breast uplift and reduction, on my next appointment which is 22nd of April.
I will try the helpline again because l tried the line yesterday and it was busy,but l have the cancer website given to me by Lucy and l was able to get information too. I can now discuss with my surgeon during the next appointment. Maybe because of the radiotherapy l had on my Lt breast side that is why the silicon got infected. I think l can now focus on the Rt side of my breast,l will call the helpline again and also wish you quick recovery.
With regards
Theboyz5 xxx

Hi Lucy,
Thanks for the website it really helps l will try the helpline again.
Kind regards
Theboyz5.