BreastPain/Early Menopause BC Clinic Tomorrow

BreastPain/Early Menopause BC Clinic Tomorrow

BreastPain/Early Menopause BC Clinic Tomorrow Hello everyone.

Just wondering if anyone here has gone through early menopause due to hysterectomy and are having breast issues.

A bit of background from me : I had a total hyst 4 years ago due to endo/adenomiosis, I’m on HRT and have had breast uncomfort ever since. I was given a course of antibiotics from the practise nurse about a year ago, which seemed to clear it. But since have had more niggles, which I am sorry to say I have ignored but Am now on another course of anti b’s (since last wed) and have an appointment tomorrow for the breast clinic (doc felt lumps/grissle ? in armpit and referred me).

I’m grateful to been seen so quickly, worried to the point of sickness and tearful in the extreme (I’m a tough old bird usually lol). I’ve read up lots on the internet and this website and have found lots of useful information, but feel I’m in a bit of a peculiar situation (re hyst & HRT which I Know plays havoc with everything) and just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and can give me some advice - or anyone that just wants to say hello lol!

Since docs examination my armpit has been on fire! breast even more swollen and the vein that has been prominent running through my nipple even more blue than ever !

Thank you for reading, and thankyou for a great forum.

Don’t think I’ll be getting much sleep tonight!

Hi CurlyCat Hi and welcome to the forum.

I’m not quite the same as you but I did go through premature menopause ( 40), I don’t know how old you are? I was 30 when I had my Hysterectomy. Luckily I kept my Ovaries as my problems were more in the area of the Cervix and Uterus but I still went through and finished the meno by my mid 30’s. I was given HRT which I took for the grand total of 2 months before throwing them out!

I have BC but did not experience any pain or discomfort as you have described, I just had a lump.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Lynn x

thinking of you hi curly cat
i just wanted to say hi . i had breast and underarm pain and swelling, this turned out to be nothing to do with the cancer that they found 3mths later, in fact it may well have saved my life.the wait is so horrendous u just want it over or to go away and come back when it’s all over. my longest friend has also had to go for tests she had had similar symptoms but they were cysts and all is still well. i wish i could tell you something that would make it all easier but i can’t other than the women on this site whether they have read your post or not are all pulling for you and sending they’re cyber hugs right at you. i wish you well for tomorrow and will be back to check in on you tomorrow. before you go to bed go outside swear at the gods and tell them to bugger off, i found it helped ease the stress on my husband and the gin bottle.
hope to hear from u soon
nicci

Dear Lynn & Nicci.

Thank you both so much for replying to my post.

I had a really rough night, bowels turned to water about 3am and that was me wandering the flat and wringing my hands from then on in lol!

Good news is that they could not find anything on physical examination - although booby still extremely tender they did not think anything sinister was going on. To make sure they want me to have a mammogram (have to wait for appointment anything up to 4 weeks) and then follow-up appointment at the clinic. My doctor thought that everything would of been done on the day but I’m sure if anything serious was afoot then it would of been (*shrug*) it was a very busy clinic (my consultant was off sick!). My relief is intense and I’m not going to let myself “go there” thinking about the mammo and what the if’s. (though I probably will). I’ve been told to take evening primrose oil and ibuprofen and see how it goes.

Thank you both again for taking time to think of me and write when you are both going through the most awful of things.

I’m 44 by the way Lynn, and Nicci ~ I intend to give the gin bottle a hammering tonight lol!

I wish you both well with your fight, and all the ladies here who are going through so much, you are all in my thoughts.

I will let you know how things pan out.

Much love and respect.

Hx

Hi H

I’m so glad to hear that your consultant did not fel there was anything sinister going on, that must be such a relief.

I know that it still worrying though, having to wait for your mammogram, it was 3 months from seeing the surgeon until I got my DX. It seemed every week I had somewhere to go or some test to be done, we live in a remote area so I had to travel across to Aberdeen for tests!

I’ve heard that the evening primrose oil does work for breast pain, so I hope it does for you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Lynn x

so pleased yahoo!!! hi h
over the moon for u . i was very lucky unlike lynn i had all tests done on the same day and had a tentative dx there and then, they just had to wait for the pathology to confirm the type of bc. i also live literally 4 mins walk from clinic {yes i timed it as i also work in same hospital and not good at getting out of bed}.i was then in for my op 1mth later. so all told it was something of a whirlwind. really am so chuffed for you.
chin chin nicci xx