cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breastlight/shadows

4 REPLIES 4
Sillysally88

Re: Breastlight/shadows

No, I haven't been back to my gp yet but I'm definitely going to go back tomorrow on my day off because now I've been experiencing a strange pinching type feeling somewhere deep inside around the 1 o clock position on my breast, it's hard to describe. The best way I can think of is imagine a ball growing under your skin and it slowly twisting the skin as its growing? It's a really sharp pinchy feeling and it's constant 😞 xx
Sissylw1980

Hi sally, have you made another appointment with your gp? Xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Ps the you are "too young" thing is ridiculous you can get BC at any age.They should take your concerns seriously .
Jill1998
Community Champion

Sally go back to G.P and say you are not happy ,you want further investigation ,it is probably nothing to be worried about but it's your body,your life of you still have worries go back and kick up a fuss.xx
Sillysally88

Breastlight/shadows

Hi, does anyone or has anyone ever used a Breastlight to aid with their self examinations? Bit of a panic here. Felt a tiny bb sized lump a while back, kept eye on it and noticed it getting former and flatter. Then I started getting this feeling like the side of my breast was getting in the way of my underarms. So had a feel around and noticed what I'd describe as thickening of the breast tissue more than a lump. Now, there's history of BC in my family and im currently waiting to be genetically tested for the faulty BRCA1 gene. Given all the family history I make sure I check my breasts very often...even as much as every couple of days. So I KNOW there's a massive change in this one breast. Go tried telling me there was nothing there. But referred me to Breast clinic anyway. When I went in for the ultrasound on my breast they only did a quick scan of the very upper outer area of my breast..not even where the lump or the thickening is! Then told me it's nothing and sent me on my way! I really feel like the doctors just dismiss me straight away without giving it any thought and they always say the same thing. "You're too young for it to be anything serious". Too young?!! I'm not that young! I'm 28 years old. And I know my body and I know something's wrong! I ended up buying a breast light just to put my mind at rest (I know they are not diagnostic in any way but figured it couldn't do any harm). The first time I used it I noticed a rather small shadow which happens to be exactly where I felt the first lump! Thought I'd just keep an eye on it as it was my first time using it so I didn't really know what to look for. It's been a couple of weeks now though and the shadow appears to be getting darker and more spread out! It looks like it's attached on to a vein which I read is a bad sign! I just don't know what to do. My doctor makes me feel like a nuisance and it's made me feel uncomfortable about going to see him as he doesn't listen to me anyway. I can't change doctors because apparently I have to be within a certain catchment area. I can't afford too go private. My mind has gone in to overdrive! I just want somebody to listen to me. I'm sorry, I don't even know why I'm posting on here but just could do with some advice 😞 if I sent some of you some pics of the shadows can you tell me whether it looks wrong? Or normal? I'm not asking for medical advice I just want to know if I'm right to be worrying about the shadows in my breast. I'm sorry for the rather rushed post as well, I'm on my mobile and trying to type whilst cleaning up lol thanks in advance.