Breasts after surgery, advice please

So I’ve found myself back on this helpful site in hope of some advice. On 1st July I had a WLE on my right breast, they cut around the nipple and removed a benign lump, fibro. After the surgery when I took dressing off after a few days I was horrified to feel more lumps than the small one I had removed! This sent me into panic (whole thing made me so anxious waiting for tests etc) after surgery 3 weeks on I had a follow up app with surgeon who confirmed lump removed and deffo benign. I expressed how concerned I was over lumps post surgery and she assured me this is normal and can take a long time to settle. A lot of the lumps have gone however today I’m 16 weeks post surgery and I still have a small lump which kinda connects to the scar where they cut (which is also a little lumpy) the lump I can feel feels similar to the lump I had removed. Did anyone else have lumps after surgery like scar tissue? Any replies would be helpful xx

Hi Suzie, I had an op to replace my implant earlier this year and during the summer (5/6 months post op) I could feel several lumps. I was due to have a check up, my surgeon was sure it was nothing but sent me for an ultrasound to be sure and that showed it was just stitches, one with a lot of scar tissue around it. It all feels fine now. Do ask your BCN if you are worried, but I think once we’ve had this sort of thing every lump or bump sets us off xx

Hi Suzie22,

I am glad to see you are getting support from some of our users. If you would like to chat through your questions further you can always call our team of experts on our helpline at 0808 800 6000. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Thanks for responding. 3weeks post surgery at check up surgeon said this is normal and will take ages to settle. I have such high anxiety over my health since this whole thing. In my head I am thinking its scar tissue or just healing but I’m also thinking with my anxious head…what if this is not normal? What if I have developed another lump that’s cancer? Then my sensible head comes back and says it’s just scar tissue, results should benign anyway and I didn’t have this lump before so must be as a result of op. Xx