Broncoscopy and more bad news

I had my appointment with consultant today to discuss PET scan results. As well as lung cancer, I also have it in my bone in pelvis. Doc thinks lung not BC mets, but actual lung cancer. The bone area could be either lung or BC mets. It was the worst possible news for me. I helped nurse my lovely Dad through lung and bone cancer. He had an awful death. So this afternoon I had a broncoscopy for a biopsy. That was horrendous, I now can’t sleep with this chest rattle, assuming blood and liquid from procedure. Was told at hospital this is to be expected, but it’s awful as can’t lay down as it gets worse. More test MRI and bone biopsy before treatment can begin. This is very frightening, though doc is putting it all through as urgent. So sad tonight.

Dear imac
I am very sorry to read your news, along with the support you will soon have here from your fellow users our helpliners are on hand too, lines are open today 9-5 (weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2) so please feel free to call and talk this through. (0808 800 6000)

Take care
Lucy BCC

Dear imac55
I’m so sorry to hear about your recent news. As with any diagnosis of cancer, of any sort, it is devastating and all the tests that need to be done are so exhausting and frightening. I don’t know anything about lung cancer, other than what I’ve read so I can’t help if it turns out to be that. However, please know we will continue to support you on here whatever your biopsy results are.
Take care and hope you did manage to get some sleep last night.
Nicky x

What a dreadful shock this must have been for you imac, especially as you have been through your Dad’s illness. No wonder you feel sad, I hope you are happy with your medical team and can feel a little more settled once you start treatment. Take Care. X

Hi iMac how terrible to receive such news, I am keeping everything crossed for you that you get the treatment quickly and it kicks in ASAP. There will always be support for you here as everybody is so understanding. Thinking of you sarn xxx