Budget cotton bra advice- pretty please!

Hiya, I went to town today to buy a couple of bras to wear post surgery.

I’m due to have a mastectomy on my right side with immediate placement of an expander

(non inflated at first).  I’m a 36A/B usually.

My surgeon and BCN advised buying a soft cotton non underwired sports bra slightly bigger than I usually wear. Despite  3 hours looking, I didn’t find one - I felt so disheartened -especially as most of the stores I went in were full of ‘pink’ BC banners, buckets etc!!!

Have you recently been through the same thing?  Have you found what I’m looking for - advice/recommendations please.

P x

PS less than £20 please

Try Genie bras, they seem very popular on this forum. If you Google you can find packs of 3 for your price. Amazon seem to have a lot of choice. I seem to remember that someone said Asda did their own brand that was very similar, and I’ve seen something along the same lines in Tesco. Interestingly none of the places you’d normally think to look for bras!

Good luck with your surgery.

Jane

Hi there-
I had a WLE instead of a mastectomy but found the Bali comfort bras to be really comfortable- basically seamless and pretty supportive even for larger breasts. It has a back closure which may be better than the overheads common in sports bras and is available on Amazon. Bravado also has good nursing bras which are less supportive but have removable pad inserts…
x

I always pull them up. I could never pull the fastener-less ones (crop-tops, whatever) on over my head anyway, even before all this! So step into them like knickers and pull up to high waist level, then ‘bad’ arm in (the straps are very stretchy), then good one. A good wriggle and you’re sorted!

Jane

Hi Parky,

I had double Mastectomy with immediate DIEP reconstruction on 7th September. I was advised by the BC nurses to get bras from Tesco or Asda. That’s what I did they are £5-£6. You can get either sports bras or they do normal ones with no underwire and supportive straps. No need to spend too much on them as our size will change so much. Best Wishes B x

Hi, I’ve had the same surgery recently and found post surgery bras in Marks & Spencer’s. pack of 2 for £16 but make sure at the check out to remind them to take the vat off. They take the vat off because it is a post surgery bra. Larger stores have a good range of styles or you can go online.