cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulky Uterus

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bulky Uterus

Hi Suziex,
No am not on any yet,will start taking it after treatment ends next year,the radiologist said that taking tamoxifen often leads to thickening.Unfortunately the lining of my uterus is really thickened and should not be like that.I now am waiting to have a hysteroscopy and biopsy.I cannot believe that I need even more stuff done to me.I could scream! I just wanted to start chemo Friday and get on with it!

I also have just has an ultra sound scan and they told me that I had a slightly thickened uterus. They did ask me if I was taking tamoxifen which I am. I am still concerned so I am going to ask for a biopsy. I don't know if a ultra sound tells them what they need to know. Just wondered if you are taking tamoxifen?

Hello there,
Yes I have both fibroids and polyps and BC.
Having the fibroids scanned q recently - confirming that's what they are, although I do have to have the polyps removed once the I have recovered from chemo and a small operation to remove the last of the margins in my breast.
Now thing is BC is not related to ovarian or womb cancer - both gynae Dr and onc said, BC goes to bones lungs or liver I think but def not womb so it would be v v v rare if yours was cancerous and related.
I was told that my fibroids should shrink if I came off HRT. Dunno if you could ask on that front.

Bulky Uterus

I have had my first oncology appt.Dr said that my whole body ct scan showed I had a "bulky " uterus.I had an endometrial ablation in Jan which takes away the lining of the womb so my periods were non existant since Jan.He also removed a small fibroid.I am worried now as bulky uterus seems to suggest fibrroids but I can't see how they have appeared since Jan.I am worried it is something else.Dr said just to ultrasound me,which will be on monday then I start chemo friday for the first time.Anyone had this?