Burning rashes after Taxotere treatment

Hello! Is there anyone who experienced rashes with burning sensation after using Taxotere? My mum ha her 2-nd session last week and now she has this very disturbing rash.

Bump.

Your mum should notify her chemo unit without waiting for the next appointment. Sorry, I have no experience of this, but in any case she needs medical advice for anything that might be an allergic reaction.

Hi, it sounds as if it is a reaction to chemo, if I were you I would phone the chemo unit asap, they will more than likely ask you to take her in just so that they can check it out. Providing she is ok in all other aspects I am sure it will pass. I think they may give her something to counteract it though.
Hope she is ok, let us know how you get on, Love Liz x

I had rashes with my first Taxotere - really uncomfortable, itchy and burning. I was given anti histamine medication for this which helped a bit, but I found the rashes still took about 10 days to disappear.

I had quite a bad reaction to the first Taxotere - while I was actually in the chemo unit - so was given an infusion of Piriton before the second and third treatments and the side effects - including the rashes - were not nearly as bad.

I would get in touch with the chemo unit and see what they suggest.
Best wishes
Anthi x

Hi there

I agree with the others, it would be best to phone the chemo unit and inform them even if the rash is now subsiding.

I had a terrible rash after my first taxotere - all over my hands with tiny blisters and also everywhere around my perineum went purple and swollen and itchy (sorry if that’s too much information!) It was hellish.

My chemo was reduced by 25% and I took an antihistamine throughout my treatment. This helped enormously.

I do hope things improve for your Mum soon. take care, elinda x