Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button Removed

2 REPLIES 2
Merlyn

Re: Button Removed

Hi Julie

That definately has helped. I work for the NHS but believe it or not time off sick isn't popular, so to be back at work the next day would be great.

I will ring the breast care nurse next week and see if I can get an appointment with the surgeon.

Must remember to call it a port though I can be so dippy at times!

Thanks Merlyn

westie123

Re: Button Removed

Hi its called the filling port, i had mine removed 7 months after my mastectomy, this was after i was happy with the size of my new breast. It was removed in day surgery took about 20 mins approx, i was back at work the next day,just a little discomfort but didnt need pain killers. The end is sealed off where it enters the implant so the saline dosnt leak out, steri strips where then placed over the wound for about a week i have about a 1 inch scar. hope this has helped.

julie x

Merlyn

Button Removed

I can't remember what the button is called which the surgeon uses to top up saline when you have a LD reconstrucion, but I would like to have mine removed as I can feel it all the time.

I kept promising myself that I would leave it till I lost weight but I don't think that is going to happen so I just want to get rid of it now.

Does anyone know what it entails and how long I would have to be off work?

Look forward to hearing.

Merlyn