CAMBRIDGE 2007

Hie

Any lovely ladies out there who attended Younger’s women’s forum in Cambridge 2007. Would be nice to catch up with any of you. I know there is an email list that people post to regularly which i am also on - but I seem to be on the forums often and just wanted to say hello.

Hi mouseH

I was there and so so pleased that I went along that w/e, it was brilliant! Don’t know who you are from your username but my name is Hannah, I was diagnosed when my baby was 7 weeks old and my little boy 2 years old. I had just finished radiotherapy the day before so had a bit of a skinhead going on and very very very sore boobs with dressings (which I don’t think anyone saw!!).

I found the forum so helpful and I’m very grateful that I met such lovely lovely friends and can’t wait to see everyone again.

Hope you’re doing ok and hello to you too!!

hx

Hi Hannah

I remember you, sorry I forgot to put my name its, Heather I was one of the bald-headed black girls, and I think I sat with you in the bar after dinner. How are you doing? I bet your little ones are keeping you busy. Have you heard anything about a meet-up?

I am doing ok. Back at work full-time, been back since July feels like I have never been away - thats the NHS for you! Are you still at home with the littel ones or did you go back to work?

Like you I found the forums heaven-sent. Logging onto kept me sane during my treatment and even now, when I need a bit of reassurance I always log on. Had abit of scare the last few weeks have been having back and chest pain so am having a bone scan tomorrow. Freaked out a bit - but have told myself its nothing, am not going to worry about stuff that I don’t know about , just taking it each moment at a time.

Nice to cyber-chat with you.

Take Care
Hugs

Heather

Hi Heather -I remember you too -amazingly we remember each other as we’re all ‘the one with the bald head’!!! Your little boy is called Marley, is that right? and he’s gorgeous … of course…

My two boys are keeping me really busy so I’m not back at work -only just finished herceptin and spent whole of my maternity leave having chemo so really enjoying time with the boys. But, my sick pay runs out in December so it’ll be a financial decision from then on, so will give it a go and see. But, to be honest, I want to do something else -that pays loads, work at home for very little hours and very little work … do you know of anything?

Are you part of the email round? we’ve arranged a meet up in the New Year, I think Feb 1st somewhere in London, venue to be decided. If you’re not part of the email -are we allowed to exchange emails/phone nos here? I don’t now the rules -but if you send me your email address, I’ll add you in next time?

Please please please let me know how your scan went the other day, they are the scariest things. I have a full body one booked for Jan and basically living for the moment until then!! mad eh?

Speak soon
Hx

Hie Hannah

Ha ha, I wish I knew where this perfect job is where you work very little and get paid loads… I would so love that myself too.

Yes you are right my little man is called Marley (good memory hey no more chemo brain for you). It is such a hard decision to make about going back to work- in a way its good because you completly forget about BC, sometimes I even think I dreamt the whole thing, and then I got the hot flushes, aches and then I remember IT did happen. I am happy in my work, but am looking for a new job in the new year I just want to get my results back from scans then I can feel brave to step out of my comfort zone and try something new.

I am seeing my oncologist tomorrow for the results of my bone scan and I am not at all worried, Iwill deal with it whenever I need to, just living one day at a time.
Hugs and kisses to your little boys.

Heather