CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S HAPPENED AGAIN

Hi everyone

I last used this site when I was diagnosed with BC (DCIS left breast)in May 2005. I had mascectomy and re-con and all was well until 15 December 2010, when I was diagnosed with primary breast cancer in my right breast following a routine mammogram, scan etc. I was been told it was a small area. I just couldn’t believe it. Had lymph node biopsy and lumpectomy on 29 Dec and am now awaiting results from that regarding treatment, which I should know on Saturday (8th) when I have to have my stiches removed. I’m all over the place thinking about what to expect and the treatment I will need, as before I didn’t need any treatment. I feel ok one minute and worrying like mad the next. I don’t know whether to phone my BC Nurse to see if they have come through or wait until tomorrow when I have to be seen anyway and also do I want to know over the phone, as I’m on my own today???
Crikey, I don’t know, but it’s helped just sending this!

Hi,
So sorry to hear your news. The waiting is just awful isn’t it!?
I hope you get some news soon and get a treatment plan put in place, I think most of us feel a bit more in control and able to cope more when we know what we’re facing.
Good luck, thinking of you, Julie

Hi sarav

I am sorry to read of your recent diagnosis. If you would like to talk things through with somone please do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000. Here you can share your concerns and feelings with a trained member of staff who will offer you emotional support as well as information. The lines are open today from 9 to 2pm and weekdays 9 to 5pm.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards Sam, Facilitator

Good luck for today, we’re all thinking of you. XX

Very best wishes and warm hugs coming your way for today. Please let us know how you get on, so we can all virtual hand hold and cheer lead you on your way.

Sophie xxx

Good luck, sarav.

Best wishes.
Cheryl

thinking of you xxx

Hi sasav, good luck, hope you get the best possible results, Sandrae x