CAPECITABINE, AVASTIN AND LUNG SECONDARIES

9 REPLIES 9
ForumMember

Re: CAPECITABINE, AVASTIN AND LUNG SECONDARIES

What about Friday??

bikinggirl

P'D
because I think you are so wonderful I am not making any comment about 'hotair'.....
More's the point when can you fit me into your busy social calender!!!!

Having another colonics done tomorrow, new telly on Weds and the the slaughter house is coming to on Thurs....
If they have any nurses left!!!!!

(p.s. just started sorting out the study, about to go and lie in a darken room)!!!

ForumMember

Hi you!

Does that mean you want some homework???!!!

I'm going to Addenbrookes next Tues to meet with the Consultant Palliative person (can't remember her name) to talk about breathlessness (must be all that talking I do!!).

When are you free???

bikinggirl

Thanks Debs,

Treatment starts on Thurs I will make sure I have the anti sickness for the glasses I might be having!!!!

I feel fairly chilled and very possitive about the Cap/Ava.
I have lots of nice things planned and feel really possitive.

Reading these and other posts have helped take the stress out of it all.
......................................................................................

P'dove I am a homework free Zone!!!!

debsincornwall

Hi Tess
had avastin and pamidronate last Friday no side effects felt a bit sick Saturday night but I had enjoyed 2 glasses of wine, so you can make your own mind up about that!
Good luck with your treatment

Love Debsxxx

bikinggirl

Hi Girls,
Thanks for your replies.....

Pinkdove our lovely Karen has told me that You are the exception to the rule!!!!!!!

Marilyn thanks for your reply its lovely to hear that the treatment has continued to work for you and from your other posts you sound
as though you tolerate it very well.

I have growth in the lung albit small hence my dilema.

Debs do you get any side effects from the avastin?
Pleased to hear your treatment is going well.
I have to say though after reading posts about cap/avastin I feel really positive about the treatment.

I am starting chemo next week and looking forward to a quiet and restfull summer.

regards

Tess

ForumMember

Hi you!

I think you may have already answered it in your sentence "don't think I could spend a couple of months not knowing what was going on inside, so I think the Cap/Avastin would be the best option"

You know how Xeloda has worked for me and no-one knows your body like you do. You're well at the moment (don't we know it!!!) and as you say it might well work better at this early stage than later down the road.

See you soon - off to Leeds tomorrow and then have a meeting on Tuesday - having Zometa on Friday but maybe catch up sometime this week coming - BB's???!!!!

Love C
xxx

debsincornwall

Hi
I have liverand bone mets I did 2yrs on cap with ggod results for over 20 mths and then my liver mets got very active and I was told it was S..t or bust time.
My onc backed me in my fight to get avastin and I was put on tax and avastin Feb this year aftern 6 tax 4 avastin I had 50% reduction in liver mets after sec lot of treatment scan showed around 10% reduction I am just having avastin and byphos every 3 weeks.
Hope this helps there is a thread on here avastin availability you might find of interest if I can help in anyway just let me know. A few of the other ladies on here are also on avastin they will be along soon to help.

LOVE debsxxx

Marilf

Hi Bikinggirl

I've been taking capecitabine on its own (now at a low dose) for 4½ years; along with a bisphosphonate for my bone mets and an aromatase inhibitor for my very ER++ bc, it reduced my liver mets and has kept me stable. Haven't been offered avastin, so can't comment on that, but some of us posting here are having it now -- hope they'll tell you their experiences.

I'm a bit confused about why you're being offered chemo right now, if your health is good at the moment -- I thought our oncs like to save chemos for when we have met-growth or progression? Might your onc be worried about the possibility that you'll develop some progression in your lung soon? Or is it "standard treatment" for lung mets to have chemo at certain intervals? Sorry I've given you more questions than answers, but I hope others will post more info for you today, and best wishes on making this treatment decision.

Marilyn x

bikinggirl

CAPECITABINE, AVASTIN AND LUNG SECONDARIES

I have secondaries in the lung (and bone but don't tend to worry about that).
I have had a year since last chemo but now need to make the decision on Capecitabine or capecitabine and Avastin or waiting a coule of months before starting treatment as my health is really good at the moment.
I feel because I am well that I will tolerate the treatment better and don't think I could spend a couple of months not knowing what was going on inside, so I think the Cap/Avastin would be the best option.
However some of you lovely ladies will be more knowledgeable so I wonder if I could pick your brains and ask for any top tips you might have!!!!
Thanks for your help,
Bikinggirl