CT Scan Bone Worry

Hi there. I’ve been watching this forum for a few weeks now since my mum was diagnosed with bc (grade 3 idc, Er+, Her2- with node involvement). I’ve been coping okay up until now, and staying positive but on the day mum was due to start the FEC part of her chemo, there was a knockback in that something showed up on her CT scan. There were “small anomolies” in her bones. Two on the shoulders, one on the pelvis. Apparently they are too small to tell for certain from the CT whether these are mets , so instead of chemo, she was sent for an MRI to try and identify them. I’m so worried now… I’ve been searching around trying to find another explanation, but it’s not looking great. The onc said that if they are mets, her disease is then “incurable” and that they’d offer a “gentler chemotherapy”. I’m scared this means they’re giving up on her. I’m only 19, and too young to lose my mum and best friend. She is only 50. I don’t really know what I’m asking here… for comfort, advice, similar stories, hope I think (or a miracle). Thank you for reading, I’m starting to feel really desperate. x

Oh bless you, what a frightening time for you and your mum.I don’t have Mets ( touch wood) but there are lots who do that I’m sure will give you strength and good advice. I’ve just been reading some who are living with it for years so try not to think you are going to lose your mum. There’s lots they can do despite there being no cure…yet! Hope it’s helped but please go to the Mets page for more comfort. Sending love Lorna. X you’re welcome to pm me any time. I have a 17 year old who must have felt like you do. X x