1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CT Scan

9 REPLIES 9

Re: CT Scan

Thank you Helen, will let you know how it goes..........
Have really been good at controlling my aniexty as it makes my neck flair up. Making me become paranoid (as you do)..
Just looking forward to hearing the words all clear once all the scans are done..
Txx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Marley pop, I'm still going for core biopsy results on thursday but my surgeon is thinking of neoadjuvant chemo and said onc will insist on ct and bone scan before even thinking about offering chemo. Also said I will need an echo scan of my heart to make sure chemo will be ok. I agree absolutely terrifing I told her I had heard enough and couldn't cope with hearing anymore bad news unfortunately she is insisting as apparently there is never a good time to hear bad news. Thinking of you ask for small dose of diazepam from gp if you get really uptight.... Sorry nurse head coming through again x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Marley pop, I'm still going for core biopsy results on thursday but my surgeon is thinking of neoadjuvant chemo and said onc will insist on ct and bone scan before even thinking about offering chemo. Also said I will need an echo scan of my heart to make sure chemo will be ok. I agree absolutely terrifing I told her I had heard enough and couldn't cope with hearing anymore bad news unfortunately she is insisting as apparently there is never a good time to hear bad news. Thinking of you ask for small dose of diazepam from gp if you get really uptight.... Sorry nurse head coming through again x

Hi Ladies,
Whilst the Eurovision was on, thought this would be the perfect excuse to do something else.......Not too sure that Bonnie has me beliving in her too much, hey ho...........
Anyway, thank you all for you replies, makes me feel slightly better. Good to hear that your on that road to recovery Lisa and thankyou. I will ask my nurse for more info regarding the CT Scan and Bone scan... Been drinking loads of water lately, will take that tip with me though.
Must say once the scans are done, it's that bloomin waiting room, as you say Suffolklady, it's the worst part.......
Let's hope tis not too long.....
Thanks again ladies, will update
Tx

Apparently not in my hospital. I had lymph nodes affected and vascular invasion but I never had a CT scan before or after surgery. Almost finished chemo now and going on to hormone treatment afterwards but still no mention of a CT scan. Tumour was 3cm and grade 3.

It's pretty standard for most hospitals to do a CT scan. I was told they do a CT because my lymph nodes were affected, but two docs independetly told me they don't expect to find mets (but yes it is possible but not common at this point). And my tumour was 7cm and in sevral nodes. Try not to panic about it.

3N3 xx

Hi Marlpop op I had hem on a Thursday and to results following Monday, god luck on Tuesday, I have 2nd on weds, the anticipation was muc worse than he realty! Xx

Dear Marleypop,
I think it's pretty standard to have CT and bone scans. I had both after surgery and before chemo (I had spread to my lymph nodes). I thought I had to wait until my next appointmenttot get my results and it was an awfully terrifying time. When I got to the appointment I had yo ask for the results and they said 'hasn't anyone given them to you yet? I wasn't aware I could rueful for results. I reallywish I had known as itwood gave stopped me being so anxious.
Have you got a breast care nurse? You should be able to get the results via her? They won't give results on the day as the radiographer are not allowed to diagnose. They generally get sent to the Oncs to review probably likely to be a few days after the scans that the results are available. Chat it through with your BCN and she'll be able to tell you what happens at your hospital.
By the way, I was dx in Dec 10 aged 39. I had mastectomy chemo rads and herceptin. I'm still on hormone treatment. Nearly 2 and a half years on and I'm doing fine. Very well in fact!
Good luck with your chemo. Drink lots of water before and after and rest lots!
Lisa x

Hi Marleypop,

I had my CT scan before my surgery and I only had to wait a day for the results which were clear thank goodness. I know it just adds to the stress while you wait but focus on the present. I'm now post op and waiting for the path report so we can plan ahead. More waiting! It's the worst part isn't it! Take care and hope all goes well. good luck with the chemo xxx

CT Scan

Was feeling very positive today, as my chemo starts on Tuesday.
Have just received letter through post for CT and Bone Scan, now I'm feeling rather scared....once you've had them roughly how long do you have to wait for results?
Does anyone have to go through this?
Thank you xx