cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CT and MRI scans

3 REPLIES 3

Re: CT and MRI scans

Hello there,

and thank you for the reply. This is kind of what I expected with wait times.

Back on the roller coaster, as always its the waiting that is the most awful bit.

I wish you every bit of luck possible and I will let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Ann

hi Ann, think everyone differs on the length of time they have to wait which isnt ofmuch help to you. I am nearing the end of my treatment (oncsays i can only have 10 cycles of cape although ladies on here have been on it for years) and havegot towait till mid march for a pet scan..he has aready given me my 'results' appointment for the end of march so thats bout 2 weeks which as you know is agony.

Was sorry to hear about your situation but very interested to know how you get on.. i was misdaignosed with skin mets for 5 months and therefore treatment delayed for 6!! from the beginning i have said that my right breast reconstruction (side of primary cancer) and was told scans were clear. A few appointmnts later Oncagreed hat there was some 'thickening' and said if it was still there at the endof treatment he woulsd arrange a 'fine needle aspiration' to see if it was fat necrosis or not. Dont think i could cope with another misdiagnosis. Please post how you get on. in the meatime, loads of luck and finers crossed for agood outcome. x

Hi Ann and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry to read that you have this worry, whilst you await replies here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk things through, they are on hand with practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care
Lucy BCC

CT and MRI scans

Hello,

Could someone give me an idea how long you have to wait for results from CT and MRI scans please.

Just had bad news. Two years and three months down the line I have just had an area of 'fat necrosis' removed from my reconstructed breast only for them to have found cancer cells. This despite clear biopsys and ultra sound scans over the past year!

Now facing a three week wait for the scans before I start on the flipping journey again.

Slighty fed up to say the least.

Ann

x