CT scan this afternoon!

Having my CT scan this pm, (had bone scan Friday) what a way to be spending a nice Sunday afternoon! I think I read somewhere on the forum that you can’t go home straightaway after because of the dye, is that right? I don’t remember being told that, but I haven’t got a letter to refer to as I was told the appointment details over the phone. (My elderly dad always comes to tea on a Sunday, so will need to let him know if  that’s correct. My scan’s at 4.40pm and I thought the woman on the phone said it takes about 20mins, so thought I’d be home by tea time!)

Also assume they don’t tell you anything after the scan and that I was just lucky that I was informally told everything was ok after my bone scan on Friday?! xx

Also, I’m anxious about having the scan, worrying that the bc has spread, but reading other people’s comments, I know that feeling is normal. Definately need Helena’s big pants! :smileysad:  xx

Hi.
Yes that’s right. You have to stay there for about half an hour after xx

Good luck Jencat !!! Not a way you would chose to spend your Sunday afternoon is it?They are not really supposed to tell you anything after scan but I know sometimes kind technicians bend the rules slightly -have you got appt for the results ?

No they are not supposed to tell you - so
don’t read anything into it .r u there now ?

All over by now - hope it went ok Jencat xx

Hi x hope you are okay and now home x

Jencat
That’s another ‘thing’ out of the way! Let’s hope for good results with no complications.xxx

Glad your scans are over. I know what you mean about hospital. I feel like a regular now I am there so much!!
Sending a hug. Xxx

Morning ck Jen and sib hope you are all doing ok bloody miserable weather here in Birmingham I always feel better in the sunshine so fingers crossed for better weather to come. Hope you all manage to have a good day x

Hi jencat and every body else on this thread . I’m also having angiogram for heart tomorrow and CT scan same day. I’m really scared! tell me it’s really nothing! I’m having a PICC line inserted this afternoon. I have pre chemo appt thurs and back with oncologist on Friday. I have a file on the go now with myriad of appt cards and post it notes. I cannot imagine getting used to all this. today’s the first time I’ve actually sobbed at the enormity of it all. trying to stay calm but feel like running away. I should have gone back to work today (teaching) & hating the way the world can spin out of control so quickly. sorry to whinge on. I’ll brush myself down in a min and be ok x

Chas big hugs unfortunately this is the rollercoaster ride none of us wanted to get on x sending positive thoughts x

Sending you a virtual hug Chas! It is very overwhelming in the beginning- you need a PA to help you keep up with the appointments .But it does calm down after a while and you manage to fit in some " normality " amongst all the cancer ****! Sounds like you have a heavy week -do you have people to support you going to the appointments ?

Good morning SueW,
Hope you aren’t as tired now and getting naps when you Can! I overdid it at work Fri to Sun and very tired today but luckily not working.
My friend is coming to take me shopping for bits b4 my 81 mum arrives on Thursday as I still cant carry too much! Hope you remembering your exercises!!! Very pleased my daughter’s uni lesson timetable means she can come home for a few days straight when I’m going through chemo.xxx

Jencat
Enjoy the break from hospital and looking for wigs! My daughter last night finally said she has come to terms with me losing my hair and agrees for me to shave as that means I’m in control then and not rhe hair! Well, that’s one thing I can control:0 So, hats, wigs and maybe a scarf for home when my head gets cold. Enjoy your time with your 2 girls.xx

Ck take care of yourself and enjoy spending time with your mom xxxx good news your daughter can be home and yes doing exercise x

Hi All, day 19 for me and feeling good. Blood tests today for next chemo and eyebrow tattoo tomorrow. Plus the sun is shining in Sunny Scotland . Unfortunately my hair is failing out by the handfuls and made appointment for Friday to have what is left of it taken off!.
Hugs to you all. Xxx

Annie j
Thank you! Bling already part of my appearance and just scarves and wigs now! Wig has been left to my hairdresser to sort as she will make a CK wig!
Jencat
I rhink best to Google your area. I think Maggie’s Centre and any other C centres will stock them.x
Sib, go girl we are right behind you.xx

Jencat, could you ask ex wife to get one wholesale price if she’s a hajrdresser? Someone also told me we should get a wig voucher when we see chemo nurse but then that may be too late at chemo starts not long after that!
Enjoy your time with your 2 daughter’s which will also help the younger daughter.xxx

Exactly! Take it and make sure it’s a Jencat wig!!!
Are you going for same style?x