cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CT scan was ok

7 REPLIES 7

Re: CT scan was ok

Hi
I was supposed to hear about a bone and ct scan but haven't heard anything so far. I need to ring the hospital back on Monday to give them a bit of a push. I'm seeing my Oncologist on the 8th.
The more you know I think is better xx

Hi. I haven't had any scans, ct mri or bone. It really depends on your individual case. They can see your bones through a ct scan too.

Hi ladies,

I hope you do not mind me popping in.

It is just to let you know that there is already a 'live' thread on the Monthly threads for Chemo starters in June.

If you have not found it yet - this is the link

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/June-2016-starters/m-p/1017898...

Ther is much help and support for all of us.

xx

Thankyou everyone, I haven't been told I need a bone scan.I have an MRI booked in for 9th June.Is there any reason my oncologist isn't referring me for a bone scan does anyone know? It seems everyone else is having one.

Thats great news Foxy! Every piece of positive news makes a huge difference and I think that as we travel this uncertain path we gradually realise that we can make it to the end and its not as bad as we first thought in the early days of diagnosis. At least, thats how I've felt! I hope you continue to get good news as your results cone through. Michelle x

Hi Foxy, that's brilliant news about your CT scan, a weight of your mind I bet. I am still anxiously waiting for my CT date and bone scan date but i am also hopefully starting my chemo week after next too. Not looking forward to it obviously but at least you feel like your doing something treatment wise. X

That's so good to hear foxy. Its scary times isn't. I was thinking about you yesterday . Did u have to have a bone scan too. Mine is booked for 6 June. Seems a long way away. Xx.

CT scan was ok

Hi, had some positive news yesterday.The CT scan was scheduled for 9am yesterday morning and they managed to squeeze me in with my oncologist a few hours later as he is away next week.
What a lovely guy, and first thing he said to me was he had had a look at my scan and it looked ok.
I felt a huge burden lifted off my shoulders as really think I can do this now.Now booked in for an MRI and My chemo starts week after next. Know it's going to be a long haul but just want to get cracked on.
I still feel frightened but knowing things are coming together has made me feel a bit more positive x