cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabazitaxel

6 REPLIES 6
PaulaEvans

Re: Cabazitaxel

That's brilliant to hear thanks Mint Tea! Always the fear of the Unknown... Really hoping we are 1 of the 2 out of 3 that will get the new treatment... How are you finding getting scanned etc every 6 weeks? Is it quite intrusive or a safety net? Paul gets very nervous before the scan and then until results are in. We are all crossing fingers and toes that this could be the treatment that really makes a difference! Which trial are you on do you mind me asking? Sarah xx
mint_tea

I found it ok.  I would say "easier" than previous IV chemo.  My major SE was taste disturbance - yucky taste in my mouth for about 7-10 days each cycle and really struggled to find anything I could taste/eat and that made me a bit miserable!  Spent time watching all the food channels and reading cook books dreaming of what I would eat as soon as the yucky taste disappeared!  It's not supposed to cause hair loss, but my hair thinned and it was looking very patchy by the end so I did resort to wearing caps for about 6 weeks after my final cycle.  I was warned diahorrea was likely to be main SE, but I only had one incident each cycle (like clockwork, same day each time) and one lot of Imodium and I was fine.  Hope this helps.

PaulaEvans

Hello, thank you for your replies! How are you finding the capazitaxel Mint Tea? Paul has had FEC, taxotere twice and cap previously..... Very low at the moment after several issues with magnesium and temperature all over the place but seems to be stabilising since treatment stopped. It is the CIPHER trial which is for HER2 negative with brain Mets unable to be removed surgically. Capazitaxel has been found to cross the BBB, and has been around approx 3 years in various trials... NHS have not agreed to use it yet due to insufficient data that benefits outweigh cost ( approx £30k)... Therefore lots of trials that Sanofi the manufacturer pays for. It apparently works on cancers that have become resistant to both taxane and non taxane treatments which sounds amazing! SDP if you Google capazitaxel trials sure it will come up! I posted on the bone mets thread as been following that one for the last year and knew there was a wealth of knowledgeable lovely ladies that would be able to suggest what I do as couldn't find anything anywhere about anyone who had the treatment. Paul has breast cancer in the meninges so traditional treatment would be WBRT followed by carboplatin. Sarah xx

mint_tea

It's not the trial I'm on (I don't have brain mets) but I think it's the CiPHER trial that is using cabazitaxel for brain mets.  Should be more on the cancer research website.  Hope this helps.  

SDP

I can't seem to find the other thread on this but am very interested to know more. Have brain mets so am desperate for anything that crosses the BBB!
mint_tea

I have replied on the other thread Sarah but I am on one of the trials using this drug....let me know if I can help.

PaulaEvans

Cabazitaxel

My mother in law Paula has recently diagnosed secondaries in bowel, liver, lungs and meninges and has been offered a clinical trial for Cabazitaxel... It has shown promising with those who have metatastic prostate cancer and crosses the blood brain barrier... Has anyone else heard of this at all?
Sarah x