Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calcification biopsy 6yrs after bc

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Calcification biopsy 6yrs after bc

Hi lolly73.

when I was recalled after my first screening I asked the lady doing the mammogram if I could see it and what she was looking for. She showed me the calcification and I was amazed anyone had noticed it on my first one. She said it can be nothing but it can also indicator of something else. I also had a small lump.

I didn't give the calcification a second thought as the lump was cancer,  however I was looking over my pathology report the other day and it turns out the calcification was malignant as well.

there is a leaflet on here about calcification which explains it all and with your history they probably just want to check it out.

I won't tell you not to worry, that's impossible,  but he has said he's not concerned,  and it is a good thing that they are being thorough. 

Take care

Keeks

Highlighted

Thinking of you...not had this experience, but know how worrying it is waiting for appointments and results. Xx
Highlighted

Hi lolly73

I'm sorry to read you're going through a difficult time at the moment.  Whilst you wait for ther other users to reply with their knowledge and experiences do give the helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your concerns  with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Highlighted

Calcification biopsy 6yrs after bc

In 2008 age 34, I had grade 3 bc. Had wle, snb, rads, zoladex, tamoxifen, oopherectomy, exemestane.

This years mammo shows calcification very close to my scar that was not there last year. Consultant thinks it's benign but I've had a biopsy done to be sure.

Now once again playing the awful waiting game.

Anyone else had similar?