cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called back

6 REPLIES 6
ForumMember

Re: Called back

I wish that the medics would be a bit more understanding when they recall someone for what they see as routine. I have worked with dentists who say "just seen something on your xray, need to get you back, but don't worry" - yeah right, of course they won't worry.

dotchas

Great news catkin,I don't think that fear will ever leave us but we need to learn to live with it I suppose.
You can relax now,take care

Hugs
Dot
xx

ForumMember

Hii Catkin19

Know exactly how you feel, that sword hanging over our heads! I went for my 18 month check up just a prodding around mastectomy scar and under arms which seemed to be ok, then she says to me "Oh you have some calcification in your remaining breast but it is benign"! after reading my notes. Still i felt uneasy, I don't think the fear ever leaves us.

Glad the news was good for you

Suzzanne

catkin19

news is good - just some calcs that they wanted a closer look at. no biopsy, back in a year. only as i was walking back home from the hospital weak with relief did i wonder why i hadn't just phoned to ask why they'd called me back......................i just got myself into a place of fear that i couldn't get out of, but i'm going back to Maggie's for some counselling because i can't go feeling like this every time i get something wrong with me..............

dotchas

Sorry to hear this Catkin,the waiting is almost always the worst time.Have you to go back for more mammos or just to see Dr.
I am sure if you phone up and ask why you are being recalled they will understand.I hope you don't have to wait long to be seen again.
I can't say anything to make you feel better ,except we are here for you and you can get through this whatever it is,
Hugs
Dot
xxx

pineapple

Catkin19, i can understand your terror. How long do you have to wait and endure this unbearable worry?
You know yourself it could be a few different reasons why they want you back but nothing anyone can say will reassure you but you must keep thinking of the good possibilities. I do hope you dont have to wait along time and soon get this sorted.

catkin19

Called back

Op 2 yrs ago, small Ca and DCIS, mast and recon, all fine, prognosis wonderful. 2-year review a couple of weeks ago, everything OK apparently..............then got the letter to say they want me back. it may just mean the mammo isn't good enough and they want to repeat it, but of course i am paralysed with terror.............what if they've seen something. i am trying to think well, if they have it wasn't there last year and it's not clinically detectable.............does this not just feel like living with a live hand-grenade strapped to your chest. having it in one boob means you're more likely to get it in the other after all..........but my cancer was picked up incidentally when i went in with a cyst on the other side, i had no idea it was there and the surgeon said it had probably been there for years. so my mind is going well, if it could be there and me not know, how do i know it's not in the other one?................everyone seems very confident that it will turn out to be nothing and if one more person tells me not to worry i think i'll hit them..........