Called in for results of biopsy

I saw my gp about 4 weeks ago for a lump, she reassured me it was probably fine but any lump has to be referred. I was seen at the hospital within 10 days and had a mammogram and ultrasound. … again reassured by both consultants that I saw saying it all looks fine they suggested a biopsy a week later as I am 40 again just to be on the safe side. I opted for a result via letter as everyone had been so positive that it was probably fine.
I received a phone call from the hospital yesterday asking me to go in for my results today. I am certain this will not be good news as I am a nurse and I know we only usually call people in for results that are difficult to discuss over the phone.
I am swaying between ignoring whats going on and breaking down in tears. I have a 2 year old and my worst fear is that she will eventually be left without me. I know its terrible way to think but my mum died when I was 13 and my biggest fear was the same thing happening to my daughter. I know I am over thinking this I am just frustrated that everyone was so positive that there was nothing to worry about… I have spilled it all out on here I am afraid! My appt is at lunchtime and my husband is coming I have managed to get a friend to look after my little girl.
I know no one can really help as I just need to find out the result but I have found the last 24 hours really emotional and im exhausted! Xx

Dear DillyC

Welcome to the forum.  You could also phone our helpline for some support during this difficult time.  Opening times are 9-5 on weekdays (10-2 on Saturdays).  The number is 0808 800 6000.

Do come back on and let us know how you got on. 

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

I know how you feel, I get my results today at 1.30pm I’ve been coping really well all week but now I’m getting abit panicky. I have a 6 year old and that’s my concern not me but how would he cope without me. I hope your ok. Xx

Thank you both for your replies… my appointment is also 1.30 tortoisegirl… I will be thinking of you.

X

And I of you x

Hi,

Thinking of you ladies, I hope you both got on okay today

hugs

Jules x

I’ve got breast cancer. I’m going to have the lump removed and then go on from there. Been thinking about Dilly x

Thanks for the comments… really kind of you to respond. Im sorry to hear your news tortoise girl… I too have breast cancer. I had another ultrasound scan to day and it def hasnt gone into my lymph nodes and my left breast is ok too. So thats something positive. Apparently its in the duct with minimal invasive areas… need to do some reading up on what this all means… I have an mri to check extent next week then back to the consultant to see what my options are xx … see you on the next thread… xx