cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I take supplements?

4 REPLIES 4
Phoebe

Re: Can I take supplements?

Eat the bananas - they are good for you and offer a spectrum of minerals. I take Crampex for persistent night cramp.

cherub

I'd contact your breast care nurse if you have one, mines can get appointments arranged, but she might be able to help you without you having to get an appointment. I had the number for my onc's secretary.As they are a multi disciplinary team the breast nurses at my hospital are usually able to help by relaying messages and queries. I was discharged a couple of months ago, but they said if I had anything worrying me to get in contact as I would still be in the system until remission is up.

Normski

Thanks for that Cherub. Thing is I haven't seen my oncologist since I finished Radiotherapy last November. Do I just phone for an appointment?

Normski

cherub

I would ask your oncologist first. I know they are not keen for you to take anything whilst on chemo, so it's just best to check.

Normski

Can I take supplements?

On Tamox for 18 months. Recent blood tests show my cholesterol is a bit high 6.2 . Also my potassium levels low which may explain my leg cramps at night. I know bananas and peaches are high in potassium but should I take a supplement?

Anyone else had this problem?

Normski