Can Triple Negative Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (Grade 3) Come back reallyquickly?

Morning all

I had FEC-T treatment started June 2014, Mastectomy in August 2014 and 15 bouts of radiotherapy ending December 2014.

I have had no problems with the scar site at all since August, but a few weeks ago, I thought I felt a bit of swelling in my scar site, I have just kept an eye on it. 

The past few days, I have felt a little discomfort in that area.  Last night, I really felt it while in bed - if I lay on my mastectomy side (left), I can feel like a dragging sensation - when I had my tumor (6.7cm), it felt like that if I lay on that side my left breast would have a draggin sensation.

Anyway, i just wondered if anyone has had any experience of such a quick recurrence in the same site?  I have just rang my Breast Care Nurse at Perth Royal Infirmary to explain my symptoms, and she has booked me in to see my consultant on Monday morning.

Any info greatly appreciated.

thank you

Christina

Best of luck christina and hope it’s just the surgery and nothing more. I am tnbc too but about half way through chemo… I know it can come back quite quickly but not sure whether it can come back so quickly after treatment. I really hope and pray it is just surgery settling down. Lots of love xx

You have done the right thing Christina getting it checked. It could just be thickened scar tissue . I have just had recurrence in scar tissue but that is 4years down the line… I’ve had no spread to other organs and they think it might just have been a rogue cell which attached itself to the scar. I’ve just had it taken away last week and tomorrow will find if it spread on the tissue. Better safe than sorry . They will know the difference in a lump and scar tissue.it was the junoir doc who felt along the scar line of my mascectomy who discovered mine. It does seem quick though .Good luck

I was diagnosed may 15 tnbc, completed 6 round of fec-t, lumpectomy and 19 rads. April this year I had lyposuction and lipofiller to remove fat necrosis damaged tissue. The hard lumps returned and I’ve been back twice as I just felt something wasn’t right. Only yesterday my biopsy results came back and the bastard cancer had returned. I only had a biopsy April which came back clear. If you feel that something isn’t right I’d keep at them. Go with your gut instinct, however in this instance I do hope you are wrong x

Lisa , So sorry you are having to go through this again .Big hugs .Good luck .

<Empty imported post>