Can You Help Me Support My Daughter ?

I always prayed I would never have to return to this forum asking for advice concerning my girls but this awful blxxdy thing has visited us again . This time its one of my precious girls.  We don’t know anything yet other than it’s def. cancer and she will need at the very least rads and meds ( fingers crossed) Now when I had it five years ago my support was a bit iffy to say the least and I want her to have the best so this is where all of you come in . Things have moved on a pace I appreciate that but when I had my rads I did get bad burns despite using usual recommeded cream . Nothing was offered to me to relieve the pain . I dont want my girl to suffer the same so what worked for you ? I’m jumping ahead but just want to have some up to date knowledge and be well armed with a little info . Any advice concerning any area  would be of great help -I do appreciate it’s a totally different ball game when your young with children

Hi there,

Sorry to read about your and your daughters BC diagnosis. I was diagnosed with BC age 36, 3 years ago. I found these boards a great support - but also Younger Breast Cancer Network on Facebook.

If she searches on FB she will find the group.

All the ladies in the group are 45 or under and many of them have small / young children.

If she cant find the group, feel free to message me.

Thanks,

Rachael

Oh and for rads - i moisturised daily with aquqeous cream… and if the skin does break down there are special plasters you can get to cover it…