Can anyone please reassure me. Never posted before. Feeling very sad.

Hi. Diagnosed with HER2+ stage 3 Nov 16. Neo adjuvant chemo started Dec as surgeon thought best to shrink main tumour before mastectomy as was 5cm. (I know…was seen Jan 16 and told nothing to worry about so ignored the growth until Oct, after which I went to Doc who did urgent referral). Had 3 x FEC. MRI Feb 17 confirmed chemo hadn’t worked. In fact 2x tumours had grown. So chemo ceased. Had mastectomy on 2nd March. Met with oncologist today who wants me to have further ECG before T part of chemo starts. This could take 3 wks. Meanwhile still no Herceptin which won’t start til May now. Feeling desperate about this. So fed up I have to wait up to another month before T chemo/endocrine and especially Herceptin starts. I love this website. It’s given me such comfort.

Ps forgot to say 2/15 lymphs involved. Also intermammary gland which can’t be biopsied unless I’m opened up like a spatchcock chicken. So FEC was supposed to sort that. Don’t think it did.

Thanks so much Cath for your reply. My name is Karen. Thanks you have been a massive help. Your reply is much appreciated. I wish you all the luck in the world. I’m try my best to hang on to my sanity. Much appreciated xx

Thanks Cath. So much. If anyone else I know tells me 'you are such a strong woman and you will be fine ’ I may just scream. Because inside I’m a wreck.

Yes I have my husband who I’ve been married to for 26 years. He’s the love of my life. We got engaged at age 18. Married aged 23. And 2 fab sons aged 22 and 19. Also loads of superb best mates. Who are brill. Also great in laws (rare I know) and an older sister. And my brother who is 6 yrs younger had bowel cancer aged 39. He got through it and is living with a colostomy bag and living a normal life now. And work colleagues who haven’t forgotten me and spoil me so much cos they want me back asap. I miss the routine of work so much. I have a very responsible job as Local Govt Head of Service, Benefits. But I seriously don’t care one hoot about work now. Not been there since 2nd December. I’ve got this on my mind. 24/7. Roll on when it isn’t.

Ps great news you had your last Herceptin today. You WILL be fine. I’m sure I will be too. Can’t thank you enough for your ear tonight. Xx

Too right about dealing with the public. You can’t risk it. One of my best friends is a nurse and she as welll as everyone else told me to stay away from as many people as possible. Especially in your profession, dealing with ill peeps. Your last post has brought such a smile to my face. I’m off to buy onions tomorrow and eat them upside down ???. Speak to you soon again hopefully. Thanks again. You take care of yourself. Karen. Xx

Hi Cath. Arm is very stiff at the back and skin taut but apart from that I have good mobility, thanks. Popped back to hospital yesterday to get a stitch removed as is now 6 wks since mastectomy. Whilst there I sorted an echo appointment for next wk which then enabled me to stand in the oncology dept and not move until I’d been given my first chemo date. Which is 5th May because of bank holidays looming. But…I feel so much better knowing when it starts. Which includes Herceptin, at long last. I had a much brighter day yesterday and am hoping today is the same. So far so good. Had plenty of onions yesterday but didn’t resort to standing on my head ? Thanks Cath. Noted re fatigue. Much appreciated x

Thanks so much for your post Roadrunner. Spooky re mastectomy date! Your positive thoughts are most welcomed and appreciated xx

I’m ER+ and PR+ aswell. So I’m grateful you shared this. X

Completely agree. I had to wait for my second FEC because of xmas hols. It was 10 days late. It nearly drove me insane. Good luck with your 10k to celebrate your milestone ?? X

Hi Karen, I too had neo-adjuvant chemo for stage 3 (although mine was ER/PR+, HER2-). Chemo didn’t shrink my tumour much either and I still had 2 nodes positive after chemo. I was devastated at the time, but my surgery was 3 1/2 years ago and I am very well and free of recurrence so far. You have more treatment to come that can help you, so try not to worry too much (I know that’s difficult!). I firmly believe that a lot of lifestyle changes are keeping me well, as well as Tamoxifen. Hugs xx

Hi fimbo123. Thanks very much for your reply. I’m still so anxious and fed up that it will be 9 wks after surgery until chemo resumes. I feel like a ticking time bomb at the moment. It should have resumed 4-6 wks after mastectomy but it will be NINE. However I’m keeping busy as much as possible because I feel so well. I know that will change when chemo resumes. But… bring it on! I’m so grateful for your positive words. Thanks so much. Take care xx

Ps as chemo brought on the menopause I’m also suffering horrendous night sweats/hot flushes. ??Hoping that Tamoxifen will ease it.

Thanks so much Donna. I’ll get some. Sounds like it’s very effective for you so I’m hoping it will be for me too. Xx