Can anyone tell me

Can anyone tell me

Can anyone tell me Hi everyone
Can anyone tell me please if any of you have been on Herceptin longer than 2 years . Does anyone know how long its suppose to work for ?
Take care carolm x

Herceptin Hi Carol
You may get more replies to this query in the 'Undergoing treatment ’ room so I have also posted it in there, hope you don’t mind.

You are also welcome to contact our helpline or ‘Ask the Nurse’ service for further information about this treatment. The helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm and the number is 0808 800 6000. The ‘Ask the Nurse’ service is an email service whereby you can ask our team of information nurses about any aspect of breast cancer or breast health and they will be able to provide you with the relevant information. This service is available via the front page of the website or under the ‘Support for you’ tab.

Kind regards
BCC Host

Oh yes! Hi CarolM

I have been on Herceptin since Dec 19 2003. I started off with Taxotere (6 cycles) and then just the Herceptin. As to how long it will work - well that is the question that no one can answer. I believe that some of the people on the Secondaries Forum talk about staying on Herceptin (as it still helps to slow the growth down) even when it is not controlling the cancer, but taking it with other drugs in combination. My hope is that, by the time Herceptin stops working, something else will be there for me.

For the record - I was dx liver and sternum mets but I am now ‘no observable sign of disease’ and I have just had my 53 cycle of Herceptin and doing well.

Keep the faith!!

Blondie