Can bone growth on mri lead to mets or be misdiagnosed??

Hi all got mri results of neck and all discs worn down abnormal for age but a bone growth found bottom of neck is it decimate that it’s not mets or could it become. I’m due to see a neurosurgeon but don’t know how long this will take in quite a lot of pain and headaches getting worse x rozita

Hi rozita,  I don’t know if this will help but I found it when I was looking up spondylosis as my GP mentioned it when I was diagnosed with arthritis in my neck.

“Spondylosis is a general term for arthritic breakdown of the intervertebral joints and spinal discs and is characterized by abnormal bone growth and progressive loss of the normal structure of spinal discs, or disc degeneration. It occurs in the all regions of the spine, but frequently occurs in the neck (cervical vertebrae). There are three primary groups of patients. Patients presenting only with neck pain due to arthritis are the most common. Some patients develop arm pain (radiculopathy) due to pinching of a spinal nerve. The least common group consists of those who develop difficulty with walking and loss of hand function due to compression of the spinal cord (myelopathy). Some patients will have symptoms from two or all three of these groups.”

It doesn’t lead to mets.   I’m 51 now and recon my problems are probably from being thrown into the menopause  when on chemo at age 45. All the best melx

Wow I was thrown into menopause at 45 as well haha but have had the. Odd period since with a coil. So maybe something in that. But if it doesn’t lead tk mets then that’s good. Thanks x rozita