Can letrozole cause chest pain?

This is a really weird one.  I’ve been on letrozole for about a year now, previously took tamoxifen for 5 years with no side effects.  I’ve recently started having suspected angina attacks.  I’ve got no history of heart problems, am 53, fit, eat healthy and have never smoked.  This has come entirely out of the blue.  The GP has referred me for sone tests so hopefully the medics will get to the bottom of whatever is causing it, and it probably has got nothing to do with the letrozole, but I just wondered if anybody had experienced anything like this while taking it.

Hi julianne,

I am sorry to hear you’ve been in pain and I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always post on our Ask the Nurse board or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday, 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Hi Julienne, how did you get on with your investigations. I have only been on letrozole for a few months but am suddenly experiencing angina type symptom. also wondered if the letrozole was to blame. Hope you are better now xx

Hi Julianne, how did you get on with your investigations. I have only been on letrozole for a few months but am suddenly experiencing angina type symptom. also wondered if the letrozole was to blame. Hope you are better now xx