67.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone tell me, after mastectomy can cancer return?

5 REPLIES 5
ChristineP

Re: Can someone tell me, after mastectomy can cancer return?

Hi fightforlife, just wondering how you got on. I hope the news is good for you.
Thinking of you,

Fightforlife

Dear Stillhere, thank you so much for your advised. I am here at Breast Clinic, waiting to see doctor. Try to put brave face on. Xx
Stillhere

Hallo Pam, I didn't want to just read and run, your lump may or may not be a recurrence, to be honest the only way of knowing is to get it checked out. I've had lots of local recurrences around my reconstruction but it may just be scar tissue. Be brave and get a definitive answer, is my advice. Wishing you all the best xx
Fightforlife

Dear Christine, Thank you for your advised, can you feel the lump if it was scar tissue? Pam x
ChristineP

Hi Pam, yes it can come back in that area after a mastectomy, but the little lump may also be a little bit of scar tissue formed as part of the reconstruction (I have some of those, internal stitches related, they really worried me but I was told they were just scar tissue). Do get in touch with your BCN, tell her you are worried and ask for it to be checked out. Fingers crossed. Very best wishes,

Fightforlife

Can someone tell me, after mastectomy can cancer return?

Dear all, I have been through 1st and 2ndBreast cancer, had mastectomy and reconstruction jan last year. I found a little lump on same breast, outside the area of mastectomy. I feel very scared. Can someone kindly tell me, is it possible for cancer to come back? Kind regards, Pam xx