cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't stop eating!!

6 REPLIES 6
bulldogbyrne

Re: Can't stop eating!!

I have gained loads of weight as the more I try not to think about eating.......the more I eat..........I did not have an appetite through chemo but had to force myself to eat 3 meals a day eat healthily etc but now cannot stop.........I finished chemo in 2010 and am still eating I do need to stop !! but then I think ffs what I been through surely I can eat what I want and have a drink eh ??

bulldogbyrne

I have gained loads of weight as the more I try not to think about eating.......the more I eat..........I did not have an appetite through chemo but had to force myself to eat 3 meals a day eat healthily etc but now cannot stop.........I finished chemo in 2010 and am still eating I do need to stop !! but then I think ffs what I been through surely I can eat what I want and have a drink eh ??

cazza36

Hi Pilo,
its totally normal! when i was having chemo it was a combination of:
steroids,
taste disturbance (so only sweet foods and carbs tasted right),
nausea like a hangover so i wanted to carb-load
craving energy food due to the fatigue
comfort eating
and boredom

i'm sad to say that i gained 24lbs. thankfully it isnt too difficult to lose afterwards with gentle exercise (walking, swimming, yoga) and eating healthier (easier when you feel well). I finished active treatment in may and I've only got 9lbs left to lose - so my best advice is to do whatever helps you get through treatment and worry about weight afterwards. good luck xxx
Lola65

Hi Pilo,

You are not alone, most of us eat a lot, and most of us eat a lot of things we shouldn't! When my taste buds went funny I had to smother everything in either salt or sugar. Eat what you want, when you want. You can do the healthy eating stuff later!
Jo_BCC

Thanks poemsgalore,

I've moved the post from chit chat to here. Hope Pilo gets some replies now.

Jo, Moderator

poemsgalore

Hi Pilo
I think this post should be on the 'undergoing treatment for breast cancer' thread for others to reply to it. This thread is for games and relaxation.
Poemsgalore
Pilo

Can't stop eating!!

Don't know if it is boredom, steriods, or what but I am always eating and have developed a really sweet tooth urge....not what i want!! anyone else?