cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't stop the tears

applestreet

Re: Can't stop the tears

Hi
I am post chemo by six months now and find I have good and bad days feeling exactly as you are now...I am not one for counselling but I cope by taking one day at a time..I can't seem to find the "old me..I don't look the same..I certainly don't feel the same..every little ache and pain is magnified in my mind as something sinister happening to me..but I do find that it has made me more appreciative of the small things in life that I would have taken for granted before....you have been through a lot..be kind to yourself and listen to your body..that it what I do and it certainly helps me to cope in this strange "new normal" I find myself living..hugs to you..Maggie

supertrouper

It's all very normal to feel like this when active treatment comes to an end. I don't think we ever go back to the "old" normal - the way we used to be before dx, but a new normal does slowly take shape. Lots and lots of us in here totally understand how you are feeling - your family and friends may not.
Debbie x

Jood

KatieB
how do you find threads on here ?

Thanks
Jood
RoadRunner

Yes what you are feeling is very normal. Don't worry, you will get over this phase, but in the meantime you might find the following useful:
http://www.cancercounselling.org.uk/northsouth/extra4.nsf/WebResClient/1761049276601BD68025735B00604...

katieb

You are not a wuss, what you're feeling now IS completely normal - I finished my treatment in January and then on Letrezole. I felt just the same as you but found a great thread on here called Where did I go? We have all felt the same at some point and it does continue but its nice to know that what you're feeling and aches and pains you may get are what everybody else gets as well. I know there will be lots of other ladies posting to support you. Give yourself a break you've been through so much.
Big hugs to you
Katieb xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Can't stop the tears

Feeling like a complete wuss, treatment is over so where is my happy head ? All I seem to do is cry ! WHY ? I feel completely selfish for feeling so sad when I should be over the moon to be alive. I feel so confused and like I'm drifting around in the wilderness now it's as if all my life structure is over now the hospital appointments are finished and I am struggling with getting my life back on track. What with the tears mood swings sweats, body aches etc I'm wondering will I ever feel normal again ? please somebody tell me this is normal because I believe am going mad, maybe it's just another rocky road on this unchosen path I've found myself on