Can you swim in softies?

I am on holiday and have realised I’ve not packed my swimming prosthesis. The only one I have is my softies. Can I swim with these in?  Also is it ok to dry them with a hair dryer and I only have one pair (need both as had double mastectomy). 

Many thanks

Hi Pennies,
Hope you’re having a fab holiday!

I swam in softies for 2 years after my bilateral mx.

The only bit of a problem is that after swimming / being in the pool, I had to discreetly squeeze the water from the softies, as obviously they retain water.
I’d put my arms across my chest and apply a bit of pressure to get rid of the excess - and as I was already dripping all over, no one noticed!

I don’t know about the hairdryer - sorry - but i would imagine it would be ok.

Hope you can still enjoy your holiday in spite of all that ! x

Hope your holiday was GREAT! And that your softies [I live in the US and do not know what a softie really is, but assume it is a puffy prosthetic] worked for you. Here are some ideas I have recently come upon. Do you know those puffy bath scrubbers. They are like a scrunched up poly netting and come in several sizes and cost about 5 USD. Because they are netting, they shed water and because they are polypropoline netting, they have some shape [basically round], but they fit well in swim suits with cups and drain quickly and are certainly economical. And then after your swim or soak, you can use them to exfoliate!

Of course, there are several types of prosthetics that wear well in water. The Amoena Tria swim form, the Calypso Swim Form, and several others are okay as well and because they are durable enough to wear for everyday. And the microbead forms are great too. And cheap. Most of the breast cancer blogs deal with this problem. Also, and if you are of a mind, and enjoy the athletic swim suits [tight and squeeze your bust down anyway] work well for me. This year, I am going to try one of the above. Swim suits from US LAND’S END online catalog are reasonable, pretty and come in both mastectomy ones and regular. I think I want to try a tankini, but there are so many of them, that I will be hard put to decide!

So, after my ranting, hope you always have MANY WONDERFUL HOLIDAYS AND LOTS OF SWIMS TOO!