Cancer Drugs Fund consultation

Hi everyone

As you may know, a consultation is due out anytime soon from NHS England and NICE on a proposed new system for assessing and making decisions about cancer drugs in England. This consultation will include proposed changes to the Cancer Drugs Fund (CDF). This new system is due to start from 1st April 2016, after the CDF ends.

Ahead of this, we have published a short information sheet which answers some key questions about the CDF, recent changes and our views. You can find it here.

We wanted to let you know that we are are keeping track of developments in this area and will let you know when the consultation is launched. We’ll be supporting as many people as possible to get involved in the consultation, to let NHS England and NICE know what does or doesn’t work about the new proposed system for people with breast cancer.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or comments about this you can either comment here or email us on campaigns@breastcancercare.org.uk

You can also get in touch with us on our Support Line on 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes

Emma

Policy and Campaigns Team  

Hi everyone 

Just wanted to let you know that this consultation has now been launched. You can find it here

The consultation will run until 11 February 2016. We will be looking at the proposals in detail to see what they could mean for people affected by breast cancer. We’ll share this information, as well as ways to get involved in the consultation, over the next few weeks. You can also read our initial blog on the consultation here. 

In the meantime, do use this thread to let us know any initial thoughts you have on the consultation. 

Best wishes

Emma

Policy & Campaigns team

Hi Emma,

the link didn’t work for me. I will try and find ithe fact sheet elsewhere

jacksy

Hi  Emma and Bonnie

Thank you for the posts regarding CDF and NICE while I am a little slow digesting it all I appreciate the information. X