cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Candle

8 REPLIES 8
Mezzomamma

Re: Candle

Thanks, RevCat. For some reason I couldn't get a link in last night. The problem was probably my computer, not the forum. Time to back everything up, as if I didn't have enough to do just now.

lollypop59

hi revcat, i have just been on the web site for lighting a candle, i did not speak to maio or potmaid, but i did speak with gingerbud(tina) quite alot a very brave young women, and so very young . hope you are feeling well.
lollypop xx

RevCat

Hi Mrs Blue, hopefully gratefulness.org, being non-religious, is not going to cause offence (the DDW page has been linked lots of times from the DDW thread). There is one Christian one I use sometimes but it's a 'lava lamp' rather than candles (so-called energing church) but you have prompted me to dig a little deeper! If I find anything I'll gladly PM you - have to go and do some 'real world' stuff now!!
mrsblue

Thanks, RevCat! I've had a quick look at the Candle and the Gratefulness.org sites. Definitely a resource for many of us on BCC.
Just wondered though - I hope the moderators/terms of use of this site will allow this, and that nobody will be offended by it: is there a similar, but specifically Christian, "candle" site, RevCat? You can try PMing me if you think this is best... I haven't used PMs for months, might be good to see if it works for me.
RevCat

A lovely idea Mezzomama. I don't know which site you were referring to, but there is one here http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng and for quite a while some of us lit candles in the Chapel of St Raphael in the Dark Dark Woods (group DDW, though it only lasts as long as the last candle stays lit). It is currently active with some candles already lit. Candles last for 28 hours I think. It is totally free to use.

To light a candle in this group, from the light a candle page, choose 'search' on the top menu then type DDW into the group box. Or follow this link: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=ddw If you prefer to light your candle without putting it in the gorup, that's fine too.

Btw St Raph's DDW 'chapel' is non-religious, it was just so-named because I discovered St Raphael is associated with healing, and also he was a pretty cool ninja turle and artist! Hope that's not too flip. Apologies if it is.
mrsblue

Excellent idea! Please post a link to the Light a Candle site (for the benefit of anyone like myself with chemo brain etc)... and please can we have this thread as a sticky?
Mary_grace

Lovely idea MM, will also join you x

Butterfly_61

Mezzomama,
I will join you for all the ladies on this site, Gingerbud/Tina, Potmaid/Clare and Hope/Jo, who have gone and also my wee sister who died in September.

Love to you all, Liz, xx

Mezzomamma

Candle

Someone mentioned in one of the threads that we seem to have lost a number of forum and real-life friends lately. I've had an idea that some may like to share.
I don't come from the candle-lighting church tradition, but since discovering the Light a Candle site, I've done that from time to time. The idea is that as tomorrow is All Souls, I'll light a candle at home around sunset, just to think of SCACO, Miao, Elticks and others, the lovely gentleman whose memorial service I sang at today, and family members. No big thing, just a small memorial, a small light burning as it grows dark.