Capaptabine

Hi ive been on capabentabine for over 3 years now but really suffering with tiredness and fatigue. Is there any supplements that can help with this

Hi Jancam

There is an Xeloda/Capecitabine thread that might have some answers. If you ‘reply’ to the last posting on that thread it will add your post to it, that way it might reach a few more ladies currently on this chemo who might be able to help.

I was on Cape for 18 months and didn’t suffer too badly with tiredness, just when I overdid things, however I expect the effects are cumulative so being on it for 3 years might have something to do with your tiredness.

Nicky x

Hello Jancam, as Nicky says, you would do better to join us on the main Xeloda/Capecitabine thread.

Regarding tiredness, I, too, have been on Cape for 3 years now, and the tiredness does sometimes sweep over me. It did today, but still managed a (half) day trip out with sister. Lots of sitting down while she wandered around the shops, but I did get out. The tiredness seems to come in waves some days. Nothing you can really do except either rest or try to push through it. Can I just ask if you have had your blood tested recently - low haemaglobin (red blood cells) can cause tiredness. Your Onc or chemo team should be keeping an eye on that.

Join us on the other thread :smileyhappy:

Hugs. Barton.x