Capecitabine / Avastin Side Effects Advice...

Hello everyone. I have a question re: Capecitabine. I’ve been on this along with Avastin for only 2 cycles and am experiencing the most terrible muscle/bone ache in every single part of my body, even my ankles. It’s so bad that I can barely walk or stand up straight for a minute or two when greeting up after sitting down and getting out of bed in the morning is even harder. My oncologist suggested nurofen but that’s not really helping. Has anyone else experienced these side effects and of so will they lessen as I start to get used to them?? Thanks to anyone who may be able to answer x

Hi Sbrillyjack,

I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies to your question as yet and hopefully this will now alert other users to your question.  Our helpline staff are just a free phone call away if you would like to give them a call 0808 800 6000 or you would be most welcome to join in General Live Chat on Thursday evenings between 8.30pm and 9.30pm where you can chat in real time to others.  The session is hosted by a nurse and facilitated by a moderator so there’s always someone to talk to.  I’ve put you the link below if you haven’t tried Live Chat before.

breastcancercare.org.uk/community/chat

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Sounds awful. I’ve only just started it yesterday. What is your dosage. Mine is 8 tablets of 500 mg a day. What is the avast in I’m not on that except ad cal for calcium. Do you go on the chat line on tues. I will try next week as they often give helpful tips for side effects. X