Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carboplatins

5 REPLIES 5
Macgirl

Re: Carboplatins

Hello worried sis 

only just seen this post. I was diagnosed with TNBC on 15th July and had my first round of chemo a couple of weeks ago. My lump is quite large (41mm) although fortunately no node involvement and so the plan is for chemo first followed by surgery / radiotherapy. I'm having the 3 x EC that most ladies seem to get ( although not the F bit, not sure why) and then the T but with carboplatin as well. My oncologist said that this second bit was quite brutal but he felt that they should throw 'everything at it '  - his words, not mine. I have just assumed that this is the normal approach but am surprised to read on here that's not necessarily the case.

. Maybe it is to do with lump size etc but it's obviously available on the nhs so might be worth asking your oncologist? 

Chris 

blueash
Community Champion

I am starting with TC the C being carboplatin next week - I do not have triple negative. I wonder if that makes a difference.

Les53

Hi , I've just completed a course of docetaxol and carboplatin, I'm in Yorkshire, they did this as an alternative to FEC, so it is around still!

Lesley X 

jinny2611

Yes I noticed on the other sites they were all offered this and they seem to get so much more treatment than us I had Fec t for stage 3 triple neg 9 positive nodes im coming up to 2 year fec t is the gold standard treatment here in the uk good luck to your sister x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi ,may be worth reposting this query in the chemotherapy section as well.Hope your sisters treatment is successful.
worriedsis

Carboplatins

Hi,

My sister (40) has just been diagnosed with TNBC grade 3, breast lump 22mm and at least 2 axillary lymph nodes.

The plan is EC-T chemotherapy (3 cycles of each at 3 weekly intervals) then mastectomy and radiotherapy. She has had her first cycle. I have been reading about treatment and it seems adding carboplatin to the T, improves the rate of pathological clearance and therefore survival. I have asked the oncologist about this and he said there is no evidence for adding a platinum based chemo. In the UK ECT or equivalent FEC-T is the standard regime and apparently we have no alternative even if we get a second opinion or go private. They seem to add carboplatin to treatment abroad. Does anyone have any experience in this? Or any recommendations for a second opinion.
Thanks for any help/advice