1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellulitis + brown rash on inner arms

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Cellulitis + brown rash on inner arms

Cupoftea thanks for your response.Glad to hear that your lymphoedema did not worsten.Think the cellulitis seems to be settling and hope that this is just another blip.Jackie

Hi Libby
Sounds like really difficult time. I had existing lymphoedema when I had my recent cellulitus and was very worried that it would increase and spread to my trunk, but the antibiotics did the trick (was on them for several weeks, but had an impact very quickly)and once the related swelling from the infection had gone down, the lymphoedema hadn't worsened at all. Sounds like you have done exactly what we are all told to do and acted quickly, I hope things settle and you can have the next part of your surgery as planned.
Take care
C xx

Mm not quite the same as all you ladies. Had V. generous WLE and ANC on 27/5 saw surgeon on Fri last beautifully healed but need to go back to get margins booked for Weds 16/6 but by Sat 12/6 felt really aching and ill, very bright red axilla saw out of hours GP on Sun and she gave me v. high dose a-b and told me to contact clinic on Mon am.Did so and saw surgeon Mon am, surgery cxll for Weds and back to see him yesterday and back next Mon and also next Thurs am as booked for surgery next Thurs if all OK after 12 days of a-b did not realise that all this could erupt again and does this increase chances of lymphoedema?

Hi Kinden

How horrible for you-and I know that feeling when you could do without the stuff at home on top of the rest of it, really tough.

Not sure about the brown spots, but your question about the itchiness is what made me post. I had cellulitus not long ago after a failed nipple recon.
The night before the rash came out I had a very high temp and sore throat, and there was such a burn/itch that I assumed it was thrush and treated it accordingly. (Hate being this personal, but no point posting otherwise!)The next day I was red across my torso, very ill, antibiotis for Strep A etc. I did ask about a connection at the time-it seemed too much of a coincidence-but no one seemed to think there was one. Have to admit I have been very wary of using anything since, and when I get that symptom I keep a really close eye on things. Possibly no connection, but did strike a chord when I read your commnets.
Hope things improve for you soon.
C xx

Hi All

tors - thanks for support

mizzy - it's pretty miserable eh? My bcn knows I have cellulitis as I bumped in to her last week when I was up at the hospital for a blood test.

RoadRunner - I don't know if I am menopausal or what. I'm 41 and chemo in 08 aged 39 stopped my periods after 1st cycle, but after 23 months, last month I had a (tarantino-esque!) period, which is why when I phoned and told her my bcn referred me for a blood test to see what my hormones are doing. I'm on tamoxifen as hormone positive cancer.

I've been squeezed in to the evening surgery with my GP's partner. She has never seen anything like the brown rash on my inner arms - it looks a bit like freckles some of which have joined up. She examined my breast again which is no better and looked me straight in the face and said 'what shall we do?' - I said 'Over to you' - so she's emailled my breast surgeon to see what she suggests/whether she wants to see me. She took my temp and it looked like it was 38.1 at first, but this seems to have been a false reading!!

Hope all are having a better time than me just now. To top it all, OH is behaving bizarrely - yesterday he threw his (admittedly old) phone down on the floor and stamped on it, breaking it like a petulant child, then said it was my fault! And our 4 year old is having a series of challenging tantrums, just when I need a rest.

Kinden
x

Are you menopausal? Because vaginal dryness can cause itching. I found replens has helped

hi, snap i had cellulitis last summer and was in hospital 5 days then had it again in Feb, i know antibiotics have all sorts of side effects, could you get in touch with your breast care nurse or lymphoedema clinic ( if you heve one ) how do you feel? might it be better to go to the hospital accident & emergency dept to get checked out (cellulitis can be nasty as you will know). Hope you get yourself sorted and hopefully at home rather than in hospital (more needles!!). Take Care Mizzy xx

i haven't any experience of this but sounds really tough, hope you get some helpful responses

Cellulitis + brown rash on inner arms

HI All

Finished primary treatment Nov 08. Had cellulitis requiring hospital admission last summer. Now have cellulitis again, am on 4th different lot of huge doeses of antibiotcs but doesn't seem to be doing much for my red swollen sore breast. Yesterday I noticed brown bits on my inner arms, a bit like freckles but on the wrong side of my arms. I saw a pharmacist this afternoon who said to see a Dr but my GP is away and the other GP in the practice fully booked.

I also have a very itchy vulva, it's not thrush as no discharge or smell, it's just itchy like when I was on taxotere.

Any ideas ayone?
Kinden
x