Chances of lymph involvement

Chances of lymph involvement

Chances of lymph involvement Hi

I am witing for my results following lumpectomy. My lump was only 7mm. Ihad sentinel node removal and some ordinary node removal too. Has anyone had node involvement ie cancer spread into nodes with such a small lump?

I am also quite large breasted and the wound on my breast keeps opening slightly and bleeding/seeping. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Ruthy x

Hi there. I met a young woman recently who’s tumour was 0.4 mm and she had 2 infected lymph’s.

In fact they really struggled to find her tumour at all because it was so tiny but she knew she had BC because she has a strong family history . She had found a lump under her arm, (the infected lymph’s presumably) and had insisted on a multitude of tests.

There seems to be little logic with BC but I’ve got my fingers crossed for you that your results are good.

All the best

Mrs S xx

Helping your wound Hi -
sorry I can’;t be much help re: lymph nodes - my tumour was about 2cm (20mm) and I did have node involve - now onto chemo.

However I am an E cup and had a similar problem. My surgeon advised me to wear a very suportive bra which I was already doing. However she added that I should wear it at night for the first 2 weeks. Problem solved.

If you are finding it difficult to get a decent soft cup M&S do ones suitable for post op or try a nursing bra.

hope this helps Good luck
Swanie

Hello Ruthy,

I discovered a small, smooth, mobile lump in my armpit on Boxing Day, and was referred to the breast clinic. I had had a clear mammogram only the March before, and no lump was palpable in my breast.

The lump turned out to be a swollen lymph node, and a core biopsy uncovered secondary ductal breast cancer cells, but despite the clinic giving me further mammos and ultrasound, nothing was found in the breast itself, until an MRI scan picked up two tiny lesions of 6mm each. I had all the lymph nodes removed, the only one infected was the one I had discovered.

So yes, it is POSSIBLE to have very small lesions/tumours and lymph gland involvement, but it isn’t always so.

Good luck with your results.

Dee
x

small lumps Hi Ruthy,

I had two small lumps which where 2mm and 9mm. I had three nodes removed at my mastectomy but the cancer hadn’t spread.

Hope your results show the same!

Re: wound opening - I’d call your breast nurse to check with her. You don’t want infection setting in.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Jacki xx