Changing from tamoxifen to letrezole

Does anyone have experience of changing from tamoxifen to letrezole or another AI because the oncologist agrees they are post menopause ? I am 50 and haven’t had a period for about 20 months - did have spotting after that which turned out to be due to a polyp - since it was removed 15 months ago nothing . I have been on tamoxifen for 2 years ( and did not have chemo ) but ideally would like to change to letrezole because of endometrial issues. I am seeing onc on Friday . Is he likely to say not long enough to be sure post menopause ? Could the tamoxifen have stopped my periods ? I have had my fsh levels checked and they came back borderline at. 30.3 . Thanks

Hi walkabout

Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their experiences do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your concerns and questions with a memeber of staff who will offer a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator