Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check ups

4 REPLIES 4
lexilou3

Re: Check ups

Hi all,
Do you receive copies of your clinic letters. So much happens at these appts they can be useful to refer back to them. I am now on the self care follow up as have been deemed young and sensible... this means yearly mammos for 5 years, open access back via my BCN. As having issues with anastrazole that my GP wished fir greater clarification, i have been back to my onc via the open access system. The onc has formulated a plan and off i go again.
Good luck, may be worth contacting your BCN if you remain unsure x
LL xx
Daviesboyd

Thank you hope all goes well
dollywood59

Thanks Daviesboyd for your reply. Think I  might speak to BCN  or GP.

Hope everything  is good for you.

Take care x

Daviesboyd

Hi

i was given an appointment for a mammogram when I saw the surgeon twice following surgery etc

i have seen the oncologist pre radiotherapy then at three months post radiotherapy this month

the oncologist has made another appointment at 6 months post radiotherapy in December 

then mammogram booked for April 

i am sure it varies in different areas 

hope this helps 

dollywood59

Check ups

Its been 10 months since my lumpectomy  and 8 months  since  radiotherapy.  Everything  has gone smoothly,  side effects from tamoxifen  are tolerable. I'm  due a mammogram very soon but not had an appointment and have had only one check up with my surgeon. Is this normal, I thought I'd  have more than 1 check up. Just hope I  haven't  slipped through the net!!  Can anyone enlighten me. Many thanks