71604members
375703posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chemo Buddies - starting 24th June 2016?

12 REPLIES 12
AngeNut

Re: Chemo Buddies - starting 24th June 2016?

Hi Emma,

my daughter is a marathon runner, but pregnant and frustrated not yo run as much as she'd like!

Yes, I am able to carry on as normal - most days - just have tired periods at the mo. 

FEC #2 is on 15th Jly same as you 😬.

Those cramps were horrible - in both thighs and severe - would have been dangerous if driving. 

V mild symptoms except The Great Shedding has been happening these past 2 days - day 17 today! 

I'll  post in June and July groups. It was all overwhelming to begin with and taken a while to get used to who is who! 

Emma111

Hiya, glad you are doing OK, that's great news. I think my next one is the same day as you .... FrI 15th July. The only reason I was a few days earlier was so they could do the picc line that day. I'm ok physically but emotionally very up and down (never that 'up' to be honest at mo. I'm in both threads really but more so June.
Glad the cramps have sorted out now, not pleasant for you.
I do go for a walk every day. I'm a marathon runner so finding inactivity really gets me down but a walk is helping. Do you try to carry on as normal?xx
AngeNut

Hi Emma,

Im doing not so bad at all really, thank you for asking! 

Myvside effects have been mild and I'm doing ok. Everyone says I look well.

iI had wicked crippling though cramps yesterday - sudden and scary - so I phoned the hotline - they said it was a side effect of the jabs which finished last Saturday! 

So we are 1/2 way through our 1st dose - how have you been?

aAre you in the June or July threads?

Emma111

Hi, I'm 22nd June so literally only 48 hours ahead. How have you been doing?x
AngeNut

How are you doing? Are you in the June or July groups? 

AngeNut

How did it go? 

Have you joined the main June group? 

AngeNut

Yayyyyy!!!! 👋
AngeNut

Thank you.
Yes I popped into the July group and it was nice to be at the beginning. With being the 24th I didn't think I was close enough, though!
AngeNut

Thank you Lizzy!
I didn't think anyone had replied ...
I am in the June monthly group, but I'm struggling to keep up with who's who and their stories. 🤓
Thank you for the info here...

Jacquibea

Hi .I start my chemo on the 23/6.we could be buddies if you would like to xx
rosie14

You may not have many if any start exactly the same day you will be better off either to join the June thread or I noticed there is now a July 16 thread appeared! I commenced chemo on March 27th 14 and joined the April 14 thread as most of the March ladies were on their second cycle. Whichever thread you choose you have come to the right place for daily support from others that know what it is like! Good luck.

Lizzy_BCC

Hi AngeNut, 

Thank you for posting and I am sure some of our users will be along shortly to support who are starting Chemotherapy around the same time. There is also a Chemotherapy Monthly thread for June starters which you may wish to join.

In the meantime if you do have any questions please do call the helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk through any questions you may have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

AngeNut

Chemo Buddies - starting 24th June 2016?

Hi - I know it's nice to be in a group where people have gone slightly before, but I wondered about people starting the same DAY?