cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chemo Preparation

2 REPLIES 2
Shazzaboro

Re: Chemo Preparation

Hi Tittlemouse, I got boiled sweets, pineapple juice, ice lolly's and ice cream for when my mouth felt a bit yucky. I've also suffered with thrush both times I've had treatment so I've used one of those thrush tablets each time [got it on prescription second time]. I also treat myself to a jigsaw to do when I didn't feel up to going out but didn't want to sit around all day lol Hope some of this helps, good luck

Shazza xx
loubel

Re: Chemo Preparation

Hi Debbie

When i had my second chemo my friend came with and brought a picnic lunch...i was using the cold cap so was there for three hours....eating sandwiches, crisps etc was a big mistake...i felt really sick after that chemo so maybe avoid eating too much during or immediately after your chemo. Other than that i treated myself to really nice hand lotion ...not for any chemo related reason just felt it was one way i could pamper myself!
Only other thing i should say is chemo probably won't be as bad as you might be thinking...i didn't find it too bad!
Try and have a good christmas!
L x
tittlemouse

Chemo Preparation

Hi there,
I'm due to start Chemo in January. Unsure how many blasts yet, but most likely fec+t. (Meeting Oncologist beginning of January). Ever organised, I'm puttting together a chemo survival kit! So far containing mouthwash, senokot, soft toothbrushes, lotions and potions, anti bacterial wipes etc...but I seem to have come to a standstill and I'm now adding chocolate and biscuits which I think is missing the point!
Any tips, on other Chemo must haves? Any do's, don'ts?
General chemo tips much appreciated.
And Happy Christmas!
Debbie X