cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chemo and Periods

6 REPLIES 6
Kess

Re: Chemo and Periods

any unexpected bleeding should be checked out, even if you think its just a rare period. This is especially true if you happen to be on hormone therapy. Its probably just what you think it is, but I think its not worth taking a chance.
Transporter_T4

Hello, I had chemo 5 years ago and have had my 3rd period a few years apart. This 1 is really heavy and making me feel faint. Anybody else experience this. Thank you x
mogs33

I'm glad someone else has mentioned this. I started really heavy period on day 16 of my first fec. I had been very regular up until chemo and thought they had stopped as I was 2 weeks late but no. Just something else to worry about ,when and where it's going to happen.
Nanny_Sal

Hi Ladies

I was on a perfect 28day cycle until I started Chemo. I then had periods that lasted for about 10days and happened every 3wks!! Last thing I needed during Chemo! But on my first Tax they stopped! Haven't had one since. Everyone is different, but always worth discussing with your doctor if you are worried.

Good luck with your treatment xx
Office_Angel

Good evening Ladies

I was the same too. Ended up being hospitalised for 24hrs. Nice gyny lady said it was something to do with my body preparing for the chemo pause

OA x
Candyflossie

Hi Fowey,

The same here, although I have had regular periods for all my life (I am 41). I was surprised, because they said your periods will stop.

I might mention this at my next appointment.

Flossie xx

fowey

Chemo and Periods

Hi All,

I had my first chemo last Tuesday. Since then, day 6 and I have begun a really heavy period for the first time in a year.

Anyone else experienced this? Thanks