Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chemo - any harm in a delay?

4 REPLIES 4
FurryBoots

Re: Chemo - any harm in a delay?

Thanks Lollypop59,
It was a worrying time but thankfully it flew by. I hate waiting and have horrible visions of spread. I since learnt that another lady had to wait 6 weeks to start the trial, she was in a terrbile way, could hardly walk, but luckily for her the chemo and drugs have worked wonders. I hope your new chemo is going well... and enjoy your holiday 🙂 xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

sorry furryboots forgot to mention my secondary dx was 14 months ago with lung, breast skin and chestwall. x
Guest user
Not applicable

hi furryboots, i joined the forum 2010 would like to say i know how you feel love my last chemo vinorilbine was stopped two weeks ago because it wasnt doing a good job so i was ask to do a trial but if i did i would not of been able to go on holiday on the 15th june so my study nurse said i could not do the the trial for now and start another chemo which hopefully this week, so that i can go on holiday very nervous about it all but these drug trials do take a while to start with the pre screening and everything but i would not worry to much hope this helps i am sure they know what they are doing. take care
Lucy_BCC

Hi Furryboots

I am sorry to read that you are having such a worrying time, please feel free to call our helpline to talk through your concerns whilst you await replies, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Take care

Lucy

FurryBoots

Chemo - any harm in a delay?

Hi all, I have a dilemma and I don't know what to do and panicking a bit!
After a primary and secondary diagnosis (bone and liver) in Feb, I've had three cycles of EC and found out last week that it didn't work and the tumours have grown quite a bit. New plan was to put me on weekly Tax. However, I've now signed up for a drug trail (Tax and a new drug) but I am worried about the delay for pre- screening. I was due to have chemo yesterday (had I not agreed to the trail), but now due to waiting for pre-screening tests my chemo will be at best 2 weeks delayed, but possibly 3 weeks. Will this delay have any effect on my cancer???? Since Feb I have got a new tumour on my spine and two new liver tumours (in the space of 10 weeks). 2-3 weeks may not sound like a lot but my cancer seems to be very aggressive. I don’t know whether to ditch the trial and see if I can get my chemo ASAP or wait another couple of weeks. I hate waiting without treatment, I can’t relax and just imagine the cancer spreading, which it will be doing! xxx