Chemo delayed by open wound

Hi there, Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation to me and might have some advice to offer please?  I was due to start chemo (FEC-T) yesterday, but it has been postponed due to the fact that the wound from my lumpectomy is still too open.  I had my surgery on 9th December, but was back in hospital a week after being discharged with a nasty wound infection.  The wound is no longer infected, but it is still partly open and the doctor that I saw yesterday did not want to put me at risk of further infection by starting chemo.  They have postponed my start date to next Thursday, but I can’t really see how much is going to change regarding my wound between now and then, given that it has been open for so long!  I have been going for regular wound-checks by my BCN, so they are keeping an eye on me.  Am being checked again tomorrow and then again on Tuesday.  They did remove part of a long stitch that was showing yesterday, and they seemed reasonably confident that this could make a difference to my wound healing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I would love to hear from someone who has had a similar experience.  Thank you x

ive had the same had my mastectomy November 25th 2014 then node clearance 23rd December 2014. In between the two operations i developed Necrosis so on my second operation my surgeon tidied up my wound and removed this Necrosis (dead tissue). After this last operation my surgeon steri striped my wound closed and it was ok then five days after op. I went to see breast care nurse to have my drain removed and she also removed some steri strips which made my wound bleed and then through this hole the seroma started to leak through. So its made it constantly wet and a yellow green colour. its been leaking like this since december and i have a small area of about an inch which is slow to heal. ive had a phone call to start my chemo on monday 2nd Feb so dont know if this will go ahead because of this wound issue      

I had masectomy with implant recon I September. Drains came out too easy because my mum lent i them! This cause seroma which needed draining daily for weeks. I got an infection a couple of weeks later, wound opened and leaked gooey stuff over night - always a stardust night.

Started chemo with a shall open wound but got another infection on day 10. 2nd chemo delayed IV antibiotics. All seemed ok, but day 10 after chemo 2 got third infection. This time wound opened right up and I could see the implant through! Skin went black and had I any out on. 13 December. Back on track with chemo from 2nd January.

Surgeon saved the skin so I can still have recon after chemo. No problem since infected implant was removed. Keep an eye in temperatures and wound redness.

Good luck all

Hi chez666 as you can see my wound didn’t heal. Had mx 22 sept, but December it had opened up to reveal the implant so had that removed on 12 December. My wound healed within 10 days from the second op - had stitches removed on day 10 and all perfect. Unfortunately the infection, coupled with 2 rounds of chemo prevented a total heal of the first wound.