Chemo induced anaemia

Hi all

My mum is currently having chemotherapy (FEC-T every three weeks). She is 13 days into her first T (already had 3xFEC). She is not doing too well. Looking at my mums symptoms i think she has chemotherapy induced anaemia. She has fatigue, chills, breathlessness and is lightheaded on and off. Her temp is fine.I’ve told her to call the day unit tomorrow to see what they suggest - she may need bloods doing.
Anyone else had chemo induced anaemia? If so, where you treated?
Xx

Hi Daisy,

Do you have a 24hr number you can call? If your mum is feeling really bad she may need treatment sooner rather than later… it does sound like she may need checking out.  

Hope she feels better soon and the clinic can help you xx

Hi Carmen. Apparently she’s had it a few days and it’s intermittent. She’s ok at this moment. She’s getting about my house and eating ok so I don’t think I’ll convince her to call tonight. I’ll keep a close eye on her though. Xx

Hi Daisy, how did you get on?

Hi

I convinced her to call them and she had to go in. She did have anaemia and had a blood transfusion two days later - next available appt. it helped a lot. She also has suspected urine infectiin too xx

Her breathlessness seems much better but she’s still v tired. She had another chemo 5 days ago though so it’s hard to know exactly why. She’s watching out for any similar symptoms this some so she can get a transfusion sooner. Did you have more than one transfusion!

Sorry - meant to end with a ?, not a !