Chemotherapy induced menopause

Firstly, my apologies. I posted this in the wrong place so have copied the post onto here!
I wonder if others in my position would mind helping me…?
I was 45 and pre menopausal when I had chemotherapy (EC-T) earlier this year. My periods stopped after chemo 1 and I’ve had hot flushes and other menopausal symptoms. I’ve had surgery and radiotherapy and my oncologist has told me that from my oestrogen levels I’m now post menopausal and so am starting aromatase inhibitors rather than tamoxifen. I’m worried that my ovaries could kick start again and me not know, and the aromatase inhibitor not be able to deal with it! The oncologist says very unlikely at my age, and the nurse on the BCC helpline said the same but suggested I might get some reassurance (or not!) by posting on here.
So, has anybody else had a chemotherapy induced menopause and started straight into AIs rather than tamoxifen. Has anybody else had their periods stop and have symptoms of the menopause and then them restart further down the line?
Thanks.

Hi Blue2

Sorry that you havent had a response as yet.  The Forum users are usually really good and quick at responding.  Hopefully this post will help to bump it up again and you will receive a response soon.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Can anybody help me with this?!..anybody…?!!
Has anybody had menopausal symptoms, periods stopped etc during chemo, and returned to a pre menopausal state many months down the line? Especially post 40 years? I’d even like to hear from those who have remained menopausal, to reassure me!

Hi Blue2
Sorry unable to help but I have noticed that there is a similar thread on the forum - younger women and families about periods and when/if they returned.
Hope that can help x